News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on August 14, 2022, 03:44:08 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 14, 2022, 01:06:08 PMThat was shocking officiating in the Chelsea-Spurs match but also very, very funny  :lol:

infuriating. Not giving the foul against Havertz then letting the resulting offside goal in.

But, I am still happy after the match. I was worried we'd be looking much like how ManUnited are looking with most of the defence leaving and the bottomless money pit of Russian oligarch money gone.

But it is looking pretty good so far. We won't be champions but it seems we'll be able to do a decent season and a CL spot should be a realistic goal.

The hair pull was incredible. I cannot believe it was not called by the ref or the VAR officials.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Gups

Quote from: Tamas on August 14, 2022, 03:44:08 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 14, 2022, 01:06:08 PMThat was shocking officiating in the Chelsea-Spurs match but also very, very funny  :lol:

infuriating. Not giving the foul against Havertz then letting the resulting offside goal in.

But, I am still happy after the match. I was worried we'd be looking much like how ManUnited are looking with most of the defence leaving and the bottomless money pit of Russian oligarch money gone.

But it is looking pretty good so far. We won't be champions but it seems we'll be able to do a decent season and a CL spot should be a realistic goal.

I hate Chelsea but you have a good squad and really should be in the top 4.not sure about Sterling as main striker but generally it's a very good team

Admiral Yi

I was all prepped to be infuriated but the no foul foul probably wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 14, 2022, 06:19:22 PMI was all prepped to be infuriated but the no foul foul probably wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Which one? The one that resulted in a Tottenham goal or the one which should have resulted in a Tottenham red? :p

Zoupa

FunkMonk

I'd just like to remind everyone that Manchester United lost to Brighton and Brentford in the first two games of the season by a combined 6-1 and have Liverpool to play next, and it looks like the only additional player they're bringing in is a washed up and problematic Adrien Rabiot, a player who Juventus are desperate to get rid of.

:menace:  :lmfao:

Duque de Bragança

Adrien Rabiot? International for the French squad. a.k.a Le Duc.

Yet you complain.  :P

FunkMonk

Jacob

Josquius

This is getting mentioned on the regular radio 1 news update :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1559850606986149888

QuoteExclusive. Manchester United want Christian Pulisic on loan. Player up for it. For ⁦@TheAthleticUK⁩  https://t.co/nXzbfUp12T

Looks like your boy is moving to Manchester, Yi. Will you switch from following Chelsea to supporting Erik Ten Hag's tricky reds?

Admiral Yi

Sure.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcEHvKw81vA

Man U stock jumped after Elon's joke.  1:30 mark.

Valmy

Poor Elon can't do shit without moving international markets.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2022, 08:56:25 PMPoor Elon can't do shit without moving international markets.

In that same clip it talks about how Bed, Bath and Beyond is up a mile because Teh Elon bought some crazy out of th money calls.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2022, 08:56:25 PMPoor Elon can't do shit without moving international markets.
And he knows it. If I were him I'd be tempted to really push experimenting with this to the limit. Making tweets of "X company stock up now!" and "Y company stock down now!".
██████
██████
██████