News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coming Out Stories

Started by Grallon, July 20, 2011, 07:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

In honor of the 'Pride' festivities beginning this weekend in Montreal, and in an attempt to divert myself from the usual rot in which we live, I've been digging for gay themed movies/clips.  And I found this little gem of a short film from Brazil, filmed last year.

It's called Eu Não Quero Voltar Sozinho in Portuguese.  You can use the Caption function to translate to English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wav5KjBHbI&feature=related

There's another from Brazil about the lifelong exclusive relationship between 2 brothers - that turn sexual once they hit their late teens.  It's called DO COMEÇO AO FIM - From Beginning to End.  The chemistry between the 2 actors (Gabriel Cardoso plays the yougest :wub:) is literally incendiary.  See for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVa2DKSnU0&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=PL23941866F2F299E7

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

I thought it will be yours coming out story.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 20, 2011, 08:12:32 AM
I thought it would be your coming out story.

FYP - courtesy of the spelling Nazis.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malthus

It was truly difficult to tell my friends and family my secret ...

that I was going to law school.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

ulmont

Quote from: Malthus on July 20, 2011, 01:01:22 PM

I led with "I've decided to become scum" for the law school announcements, yeah.

See also:
http://search.dilbert.com/comic/Law%20Student

katmai

Don't sell your self short Ulmont. I'm sure you were scum before going to law school.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on July 20, 2011, 01:01:22 PM

Your parents must have been devastated. So much potential wasted.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Gral's coming out story involves a van with painted windows and his parents finding his mugshot on thesmokinggun.com.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

So, my coming out stories.

Parents: Took them to a dinner so there is a lot of people around and they can't make a scene. Mom was worried I will get gay bashed. Dad took it much better.

My best friend (the Christian one): We got into a discussion about gays. He used to work as a flight attendant and told me all gays he met before were rather shallow, uninteresting individuals. I told him "Well, there's also me". He was surprised (I guess the fact that I have been giving him foot rubs before was not a sufficient hint). He hugged me and said it's alright.

A female lawyer colleague: Were eating lunch. She was returning the complete Six Feet Under DVD boxed set. I finally got my courage and said "You know, one of the characters is a lot like me". She said: "Oh, David?". "Yes." "Well, I was wondering when you finally tell me."

My boss: We were talking about my iPad. I joked that someone joked that my iPad bag looks gay. She replied that I should not worry. She likes gays. Her favourite cousin is gay. Many people at our firm are gay. The firm supports gays. She likes gays. I was like "Ok".  :huh:

MadImmortalMan

That 6FU DVD conversation seems strange. Why not just, "Hey, I'm gay."

Later she might subconsciously associate you with Dexter, and I don't think you want that.  :shifty:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 20, 2011, 03:18:30 PM
That 6FU DVD conversation seems strange. Why not just, "Hey, I'm gay."

Later she might subconsciously associate you with Dexter, and I don't think you want that.  :shifty:

I tend to overthink stuff.

Eddie Teach

Do you have a story about the male colleague who liked to make comments that exasperated you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Wait a second; you have a friend who was a flight attendent and straight?? :blink:

katmai

"but there is me" way to prove a point mr ass
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son