News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bring in WPOTM

Started by The Minsky Moment, July 19, 2011, 10:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

POTM is a paradox thing; doesn't really fit into the ethos here.  But I agree with Zoupa we need some contest of communal recognition.  But to be consistent with the spirit of languish, it should be sarcastic, with a strong strain of mean-spiritedness; something that prompts bad blood, threats of ragequitting, and flamewars.

I propose:

The Worst Post of the Month award.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

I agree. You are in charge of it. Get to work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

i nominate the opening post :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

When I saw the thread title, it made me think of the WNBA.  :yuk:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Now this I can get behind.  :w00t:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2011, 10:10:22 AM

Oh no - I'm already gunning for it in the ATF thread.  :D
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2011, 10:09:08 AM
I agree. You are in charge of it. Get to work.

He should promise to do it, then not do the the work to watch the reaction of the losers here.

WHERE IS THE WORST POST AWARDS?
YUO PROMISED!

It would be like an AAR thread in the games forums. Or you retards trying to play Diplomacy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

What about the Languish presidency?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Quote from: Syt on July 19, 2011, 10:43:08 AM
What about the Languish presidency?
"The machine" got bored and left.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2011, 10:26:53 AM

that's cheating. you can't be intentionally bad. you sir are worse than hitler.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2011, 10:26:53 AM

Tried to one-down your post, but I think I failed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2011, 10:05:46 AM
POTM is a paradox thing; doesn't really fit into the ethos here.  But I agree with Zoupa we need some contest of communal recognition.  But to be consistent with the spirit of languish, it should be sarcastic, with a strong strain of mean-spiritedness; something that prompts bad blood, threats of ragequitting, and flamewars.

I propose:

Boring. Marti would win all the time.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Josephus on July 19, 2011, 04:54:08 PM

No way man.  I got this shit locked up.

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on July 19, 2011, 04:54:08 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2011, 10:05:46 AM

I propose:

I thought so too. I like the idea.  :cool: