Politics are just so much more interesting in Russia

Started by HVC, July 18, 2011, 03:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2011/07/17/18431866.html
QuoteGirls urged to strip to support Putin as president

An online campaign has been launched in Russia urging young women to support Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in a presidential vote by taking off their clothes, a lawmaker's site showed on Sunday.

Called "Putin's Army", it features a video of a blonde student called Diana who struts along Moscow's streets in high heels and a black suit before scrawling "I will tear my clothes off for Putin" on a white top in red lipstick and starting to undo her clothes.

Inviting girls to strip off for Putin for the chance of winning an iPad2, the campaign comes ahead of the March 2012 presidential vote. Putin was president between 2000-2008 before handing the reins to his protege Dmitry Medvedev.

Widely seen as Russia's key decision-maker, Putin may return to the Kremlin next year.

"The goal: For Putin to be president!" said a statement on its page on social networking site vkontakte.ru/armiaputina, Russia's answer to Facebook.

During Russia's Soviet era, nudity in advertising was taboo but has since become widespread, a fact which has outraged Russian feminists who say it only intensifies an already sexualised culture where prostitution is common.

It is unclear who orchestrated the campaign which was posted on the blog of parliamentarian Kirill Shchitov, from Putin's ruling United Russia party.

In October, a band of journalism students posed in lingerie for a calendar for Putin's 58th birthday.
*Place Timmyism here*
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

LaCroix

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2011, 03:11:47 PM
QuoteCalled “Putin’s Army”, it features a video of a blonde student called Diana who struts along Moscow’s streets in high heels and a black suit before scrawling “I will tear my clothes off for Putin” on a white top in red lipstick and starting to undo her clothes.

They had that to work with and the only picture with the article is of Putin?  Total fail.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

I wish Obama would fatally irradiate his political enemies too.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Solmyr

Ukrainian girls take off their clothes in protest against the government, so it balances out.

dps

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on July 18, 2011, 04:06:15 PM
Ukrainian girls take off their clothes in protest against the government, so it balances out.

We dont get protests like that here.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2011, 04:55:05 PM

What, never heard of the Doukhobors? They made public nudity as protest in BC famous.   :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doukhobor
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Zoupa

Quote from: Ideologue on July 18, 2011, 03:42:15 PM
I wish Obama would fatally irradiate his political enemies too.

:lol: POTM.

Why did we get rid of that?

DontSayBanana

Russian girls stripping to support, Ukrainian girls stripping to protest, but I can't get my hyper-politicized, hot Czech friend to lose her shirt.  I feel cheated. :(
Experience bij!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on July 18, 2011, 05:20:44 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2011, 04:55:05 PM

What, never heard of the Doukhobors? They made public nudity as protest in BC famous.   :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doukhobor

He said girls and you thought of old fat hags? :hmm:

HVC

We had something similar in ontario to apeal (repeal?) the topless women laws. Only protesters who showed up to the public nudity were the ones you really didn't want to see. a shame really. "Slut walk" had a better turn out.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.