News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Netfux

Started by CountDeMoney, July 14, 2011, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

I'll likely cancel the service.  I've had it for over a year and a half, while the instant streaming is great, it isn't like there is an amazing new selection.  At least that I haven't already seen.  So with the second increase in a year, may as well save myself 120$ a year or so and just grab a redbox every now and then.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

Is Redbox limited to the covers they have on the outside of the kiosk?  Cuz the times I've looked the selection was shit.

Berkut

Yeah, we are cancelling as well. I use the streaming a lot, but 60% increase? No thanks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2011, 02:36:42 PM
Is Redbox limited to the covers they have on the outside of the kiosk?  Cuz the times I've looked the selection was shit.

Nah, they have more than that, though not much. Maybe 100 titles? I don't know how much the selection varies from machine to machine either.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

BBC iPlayer seems to cover most of my needs, together with the occasional dvd rental/purchase.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2011, 04:00:38 PM

Nah, they have more than that, though not much. Maybe 100 titles? I don't know how much the selection varies from machine to machine either.

They're demographically-oriented.  My closest Redbox has nothing by Tyler Perry movies.  YMMV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2011, 05:46:18 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2011, 04:00:38 PM

They're demographically-oriented.  My closest Redbox has nothing by Tyler Perry movies.  YMMV.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I've found blockbuster stores to be tolerable since the bankruptcy. Prices are reasonable, and the employees seem to be less jerkish (FULLSCREEN? YOU DARE RENT A FULLSCREEN MOVIE ON MY WATCH!?!)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

What kind of douche rents fullscreen?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 16, 2011, 06:49:25 PM
What kind of douche rents fullscreen?

Illiterates and old people.

sbr

I prefer fullscreen.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2011, 06:54:44 PM
I prefer fullscreen.

I'm sure that's the preferred method for infomercials.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2011, 06:54:44 PM
I prefer fullscreen.

You already disgust me by being an Oregon fan, but this sir i cannot stand!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I prefer full screen, my tv's not all that big and I don't want to spend the movie squinting.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?