fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2009, 03:17:34 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2009, 02:38:31 PM
Can you really?

I don't perform well under stress.

QuoteHe thinks of alt-hist.

I close my eyes and think of Tim's alt-hist map of England.
What do you have against the British Empire?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2009, 10:06:12 AM
Noticed that one too. :lol:
Karate too...Belts in karate tend to be given out on a basis of how many lessons you've attended.
That sounds more descriptive of Taekwondo.  I thought Karate was pretty stingy with belts.
Nah, when I was younger I did karate. It really was a case of how many classes you'd attended. Yellow was 10 hours or something.
You got 12 year old kids who'd been doing it since they were 4 who were counted as black belts.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Huh, when I did karate you had to take an examination under an independent panel to get brown belt and beyond.

Razgovory

Huh.  How do you like that.  Maybe I should become a robber.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2009, 05:28:43 PM
In Soviet Russia, woman rapes you.
This was the most obvious and best Russian Reversal joke ever. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

grumbler

Quote from: Queequeg on April 22, 2009, 11:45:34 AM
This was the most obvious and best Russian Reversal joke ever.
True.  I was surprised to get to the end of the thread without seeing it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 22, 2009, 07:23:23 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2009, 10:06:12 AM
Noticed that one too. :lol:
Karate too...Belts in karate tend to be given out on a basis of how many lessons you've attended.
That sounds more descriptive of Taekwondo.  I thought Karate was pretty stingy with belts.
Nah, when I was younger I did karate. It really was a case of how many classes you'd attended. Yellow was 10 hours or something.
You got 12 year old kids who'd been doing it since they were 4 who were counted as black belts.

It all depends on the dojo and how traditional vs. business oriented they are.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

:lol:

Where do these soviet reversal jokes come from?
Is it a movie?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Siege

Quote from: Eochaid on April 21, 2009, 09:55:28 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2009, 09:28:46 AMThe 32-year-old Viktor couldn't have known that the woman was a yellow belt in karate.

:lmfao: Being KOed by a YELLOW belt?  :lmfao:

Kevin

Yellow belt is the second belt, right?

In Israel it was White belt for Kyu 9-7, Lilac (I think is the english name) for Kyu 6 and 5, Green for 4 and 3, Maroon for 2 and 1, and then Black Belt for Dan 1 and above.

On other hand, some chicks can beat the shit out of you, and they might even have yellow hair, as this video proves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC9eoy_xK3s&feature=related

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Siege on April 22, 2009, 10:35:40 PM
On other hand, some chicks can beat the shit out of you, and they might even have yellow hair, as this video proves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC9eoy_xK3s&feature=related

:lol:

Most pathetic lizard ever.