Main Menu

Can I has: Dance with Dragons?

Started by Martinus, July 12, 2011, 12:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2011, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2011, 12:52:55 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2011, 12:50:11 PM
Ah fuck. Now I have to wait for a year for the paperback copy.

An electronic copy is available also.  But yeah you are going to be waiting a long time if you just must have a paperback.

I got all the books in paperback.

How does that stop you from getting the hardcover?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

I have it.  Will see whether I have too much imagination or whether Berkut lacks it.

Martinus

I read the first few chapters on the plane and at least based on that, GRRM got his magic back.

But then again, Tyrion, Danny and Jon have always been my favourite PoVs.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on July 12, 2011, 01:44:33 PM
I read the first few chapters on the plane and at least based on that, GRRM got his magic back.

Good to hear.  Now I must abandon all Game of Thrones threads for fear of spoilers as more people start reading.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 12, 2011, 01:45:25 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 12, 2011, 01:44:33 PM

Good to hear.  Now I must abandon all Game of Thrones threads for fear of spoilers as more people start reading.

He dies!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

She dies, too.  You know.  Her.  That one girl.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PRC

Josquius

It is floating around the net isn't it... :shifty:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on July 12, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
She dies, too.  You know.  Her.  That one girl.

But does she see?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 12, 2011, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: PRC on July 12, 2011, 01:47:28 PM
I watched Willow last night.

Christ, what a pukefest.

I'm glad that Peter Jackson didn't make Lord of the Rings with a cast of midgets.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2011, 09:50:12 PM
Willow was a great movie.

I"m sorry, to break it to you Siege, but it wasn't.  Val Kilmer's character was fun  but everyone else pretty much sucked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on July 12, 2011, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2011, 09:50:12 PM
Willow was a great movie.

I"m sorry, to break it to you Siege, but it wasn't.  Val Kilmer's character was fun  but everyone else pretty much sucked.

What else we had up to 1988?
Conan?

I'm afraid LOTR came way too late for me to impress me in the way young people are impressionable.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on July 12, 2011, 09:53:51 PM

What else we had up to 1988?
Conan?

I'm afraid LOTR came way too late for me to impress me in the way young people are impressionable.

Most fantasy films (and medieval films from the 1980's and 1990's suck).  The problem is they are so dingy looking.  It's always overcast and everything looks washed out.  I think to many were filmed in Britain or something.