News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Children's Illustrated Clausewitz

Started by ulmont, July 10, 2011, 04:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Still in progress, but looks pretty good:

QuoteGuten Morgen, Class! For our first lesson, we will talk about what war is, why we go to war, what we get from war, what some of its primary characteristics are, and a little of what it takes to be successful in war.

War is the use of force – Yes, Otter?

-What's 'force' mean?

Violence, threat of violence, physical advance on territory, etc. – use of force to make the enemy do our will, to make him do what we want him to do. The aim is to disarm the enemy, to – Yes, Otter?

-What's 'disarm' mean?

It is to make it so he cannot strike back at us. In war, you place your effort against the enemy's resistance – Yes, Otter?
http://clausewitzforkids.wordpress.com/

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

It is very repetitive.

Very repetitive indeed.

So repetitive that the repetitions repeat.

And so I would call it repetitive.  Very.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Drakken

Quote from: grumbler on July 10, 2011, 06:13:57 PM
It is very repetitive.

Very repetitive indeed.

So it's faithful to the original source.

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on July 10, 2011, 06:13:57 PM
It is very repetitive.

Very repetitive indeed.

I would say that these repetitions are wrong. The public has been let down by these repetitions, and I believe that they are wrong.