News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ant Invasion

Started by Razgovory, July 10, 2011, 04:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

For some reason, ants are really bad this year.  They've infested the house and I'll be damned if I can get rid of them.  Normally we'd put out poison, and that would be sufficient.  This year, none of the poisons work.  I'm wondering if the manufacturers were forced to stop using certain chemical and now the poisons are less effective.  I've used poison sprays and traps but nothing seems to work.  Spraying something down with poison will only keep the ants off of it for about day.  Any suggestions?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

The barrier shit around the house has worked well so far for me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 04:10:11 PM
For some reason, ants are really bad this year.  They've infested the house and I'll be damned if I can get rid of them.  Normally we'd put out poison, and that would be sufficient.  This year, none of the poisons work.  I'm wondering if the manufacturers were forced to stop using certain chemical and now the poisons are less effective.  I've used poison sprays and traps but nothing seems to work.  Spraying something down with poison will only keep the ants off of it for about day.  Any suggestions?

Have you recently bought something on ebay that came from Belarus ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

You must lead an invasion force to their home planet and capture one of the brain ants.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

This is probably punishment for me having an ant farm as a kid. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

They've been really bad at my house too.  My box of Lucky Charms was full of them this morning.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on July 10, 2011, 04:24:33 PM
They've been really bad at my house too.  My box of Lucky Charms was full of them this morning.

You still eat them?

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 04:49:59 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 10, 2011, 04:24:33 PM

You still eat them?

:yucky:  No, luckily I had another unopened box.

Ed Anger

I still have my honeycomb hideout.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Here too. Really tiny ones around the kitchen sink, and big ones in one of the living rooms.
I'm blaming the cats for being messy eaters and leaving dried bits of cat food all over the floor. "Cats are clean creatures" my ass. <_<
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 10, 2011, 08:08:39 PM
Here too. Really tiny ones around the kitchen sink, and big ones in one of the living rooms.
I'm blaming the cats for being messy eaters and leaving dried bits of cat food all over the floor. "Cats are clean creatures" my ass. <_<

Yeah the big ones are murder

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 04:10:11 PM
Find where they come from, and what are they attracted to.  Are you sure they are coming from outside?  I had a problem once... some fire wood my father gave me, uncut, and it turned out it was infested with ants, no matter the amount of poison, there were always ants.  Once I found out, I cut the wood, found the nest, immediatly put it in the fire.

If it's from the outside, use RAID and vaporize the doors, all around it, same with windows if they come through there.

Inspect outside, you migth see where they are entering the house.  If it's sand nest, destroy it with a shovel until you find the queen, than vaporize with raid.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.