Geforce 9600 problems. Possibly Direct X

Started by Razgovory, July 09, 2011, 10:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I tried to start up an old game I liked called Company of Heroes.  It ran very slowly which struck me as odd.  I hadn't played it for a several years and in the mean time I got a new Video card (Geforce 9600 GSO).  A thought occurred to me.  I seem to recall something with Direct X.  That Direct X 10 doesn't work very well with this card (or at least with my PC) and I used Direct X 9 ( I recently did a hard drive format, and I don't recall what I had on there before).  Does any of this sound reasonable?  Maybe it was I had direct X 10 but Direct X 11 didn't work.  I don't remember correctly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

It sounds reasonable. In any case, you cannot run DirectX 11 with those cards, and a quick google search reveals several users did report issues with DX10.

Updated your drivers recently, Raz? If not, try that first.

Razgovory

Quote from: Norgy on July 09, 2011, 11:57:00 AM
It sounds reasonable. In any case, you cannot run DirectX 11 with those cards, and a quick google search reveals several users did report issues with DX10.

Updated your drivers recently, Raz? If not, try that first.

Good idea.  I forgot about that.  Thank, Norg.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

You might also try downloading a D3D9.dll appropriate to your video card and put it in the game folder.  That will make the card use DirectX 9 for that game rather than allowing it to use the DirectX 9 emulator in the card software.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778 is the version that I used in FONV early on, when this was an issue.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!