jimmy olsen

Lets hope it's not that bad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43659580/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/
QuotePowerful quake in South Pacific triggers tsunami warning

Magnitude 7.8 tremor could send high waves to New Zealand, Tonga

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 2 hours 6 minutes ago

breaking news

A powerful magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck near the Kermadec Islands in the South Pacific Ocean on Thursday, triggering a tsunami alert for New Zealand and Tonga, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The quake struck at 7:03 a.m. Its epicenter was 131 miles east of Raoul Island, part of the Kermadec archipelago, and was only 30 miles deep, the USGS said.

Pacific Tsunami Warning Center geophysicist Victor Sardina told Radio New Zealand that a tsunami had been generated, the New Zealand Herald reported. The newspaper said a buoy off Raoul Island, 130 miles from the epicenter, registered a two-foot-high tsunami, but Sardina said the wave height would increase in shallower waters.

New Zealand media said there was a tsunami warning for the northeast coastline of the country.

The Ministry of Civil Defense and Emergency Management said that any tsunami would hit New Zealand's East Cape at 8:52 a.m. local time Thursday (4:52 p.m. ET Wednesday), TVNZ reported.

The Kermadec Islands are a remote outpost that are generally uninhabited aside from a weather station and a hostel for visiting New Zealand scientists.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Better postpone that trip to New Zealand! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

The Victor Sardina story proved to be a red herring.