Mexican Immigration to the US in Permanent Decline

Started by jimmy olsen, July 06, 2011, 10:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: dps on July 07, 2011, 03:11:30 AMI'm confident that most people tend to make decisions that they think are best for themselves.  But as Tim pointed out, thinking something doesn't make it so.

Very true, but I doubt that Tim of all people is able to make a better call as to what's better for them.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2011, 11:03:53 PM
Quote from: dps on July 07, 2011, 03:11:30 AMI'm confident that most people tend to make decisions that they think are best for themselves.  But as Tim pointed out, thinking something doesn't make it so.

Very true, but I doubt that Tim of all people is able to make a better call as to what's better for them.
Yeah, it's not like I've ever had to weigh the positives and negatives about going over seas to get a job...oh wait.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 07, 2011, 11:13:02 PMYeah, it's not like I've ever had to weigh the positives and negatives about going over seas to get a job...oh wait.

... and exactly how did going to Korea to teach English give you any insight into the situation of mainland Chinese and whether it'd be worthwhile and practical for them, be they plumbers or white collar workers, to move to the US?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

That's not exactly what I'd call "declining."  It has dropped from a peak in the past, certainly, but is rising once more.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2011, 11:23:20 AM
That's not exactly what I'd call "declining."  It has dropped from a peak in the past, certainly, but is rising once more.

And it does not really reflect the situation in the north anyway.  In the southern states the murder rate has been dropping dramatically which skews how dangerous it is in the northern parts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."