News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Man bites python in Kenya

Started by garbon, April 19, 2009, 08:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090415/od_nm/us_python_odd

QuoteNAIROBI (Reuters) – A Kenyan man bit a python who wrapped him in its coils and hauled him up a tree in a struggle that lasted hours, local media said Wednesday.

Farm manager Ben Nyaumbe was working at the weekend when the serpent, apparently hunting for livestock, struck in the Malindi area of Kenya's Indian Ocean coast.

"I stepped on a spongy thing on the ground and suddenly my leg was entangled with the body of a huge python," he told the Daily Nation newspaper.

When the snake coiled itself round his upper body, Nyaumbe resorted to desperate measures: "I had to bite it."

The python dragged him up a tree, but when it eased its grip, Nyaumbe said he was able to take a mobile phone out of his pocket and phone for help.

When his supervisor came with a policeman, Nyaumbe smothered the snake's head with his shirt, while the rescuers tied it with a rope and pulled.

"We both came down, landing with a thud," said Nyaumbe, who survived with damaged lips and bruising.

The snake escaped from the three sacks it was bundled into.

Can one even imagine?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Must have been a horrifying experience.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Why didn't he shoot the damn thing?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on April 19, 2009, 09:03:04 PM

Not everyone goes around loaded for bear.  Or, in this case, snakes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2009, 08:42:30 PM
Indeed. Imagine just trying to get a nice meal when some asshole shoves you into a sack.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Queequeg

He wasn't a Japanese schoolgirl , or he could have.

(NSFW, obviously).
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: Queequeg on April 19, 2009, 09:44:48 PM
He wasn't a Japanese schoolgirl , or he could have.

(NSFW, obviously).

Obviously that is not the butt :nerd:

Grey Fox

I'm not sure that having a dead conscriptor snake wrap around you is much better then having a live one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2009, 09:12:36 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2009, 08:42:30 PM
Indeed. Imagine just trying to get a nice meal when some asshole shoves you into a sack.
Worse yet, it's like going to a restaurant, ordering a nice juicy steak which then proceeds to bite you, and calls for his buddies, who put you into a sack. :P

Eochaid

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2009, 06:48:41 AMWorse yet, it's like going to a restaurant, ordering a nice juicy steak which then proceeds to bite you, and calls for his buddies, who put you into a sack. :P

No worries, we woul never do that to you, we know how weird you are in the sack...  :P

Kevin
It's been a while