And we're back!

Main Menu

War on atheism

Started by viper37, July 04, 2011, 06:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47OC439x88&feature=player_embedded

in case you need comfort in your Godless ways  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

We already had this.  The Soviets gave up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

I don't think Youtube even existed when the Soviet Union was still extant.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Well, technically "funnier" in this context doesn't mean funny either, but he may still be wrong.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I suppose I could find asinine statements made by atheists to rebuff the asinine statements made by religious folk.  I don't really see the point though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2011, 11:21:09 AM
Well, technically "funnier" in this context doesn't mean funny either, but he may still be wrong.  :hmm:

Well, that was just the first (i think) of many Mr Deity videos.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2011, 11:27:20 AM
I suppose I could find asinine statements made by atheists to rebuff the asinine statements made by religious folk.  I don't really see the point though.

Lets rather compare the atheists' well reasoned and well documented arguments and compare them to the theists' well reasoned and well documented arguments. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 05, 2011, 01:25:54 PM

Lets rather compare the atheists' well reasoned and well documented arguments and compare them to the theists' well reasoned and well documented arguments.

If that "Mr. Diety", was well considered, I think I already won.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2011, 10:34:37 AM

If that "Mr. Diety", was well considered, I think I already won.
If it was asinine, you already won.  That is,after all, what you were pointlessly looking for.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

It's dishonest to mix and match quotes like that.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2011, 10:49:00 AM
It's dishonest to mix and match quotes like that.
:huh:  They aren't mixed and matched.  They are two consecutive statements of yours in a single conversation.  Look again, and you will see.

Unless you were trying to say that you were being dishonest, but if you were, my point still stands.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

There was another statement by Viking between them.  You took that out.  The statements were not consecutive since there was an interruption between them.  You action was dishonest.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2011, 06:36:41 PM
There was another statement by Viking between them.  You took that out.  The statements were not consecutive since there was an interruption between them.  You action was dishonest.
The statement by Viking had nothing to do with my comment, or the comments of yours that I referred to.  Not sure where the whole "You action was dishonest" thing is coming from.

Bayraktar!