News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 13, 2016, 08:02:07 AM
It is hotter than shit. And the lawn needs cutting. Time to hire a Mexican.
I mowed my lawn Monday night when it was almost 90 F out still.

Last night it was like 77. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 05, 2016, 01:01:38 PM
Heat warning in Toronto. Too hot :(

Now, it's even worse.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2016, 09:24:59 AM

Didn't anyone remind you guys you all live on a continent like, and all that shit that comes with it.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2016, 12:16:41 PM

Didn't anyone remind you guys you all live on a continent like, and all that shit that comes with it.  :P

I hope you grow moss.  :mad:

;)

But seriously - it is around 40 C with humidex. That's just too damn hot.

QuoteHot weather moved in Tuesday bringing maximum temperatures of 30 to 33 degrees and humidex values in the mid to high thirties, as well as lows this morning of 19 to 22 degrees. Today will again see maximum temperatures in the low thirties. However, humidity levels will increase bringing humidex values to near 40.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Do what Texans do: stay inside with the AC on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

It hasn't rained today, which I think is a first for this July. Also, it's almost 20 degrees so it kinda feels like summer is closing in.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

just went outside a few minutes ago.  Opening the office doors was like opening a fucking oven. And the subway AC sucks, so the trip home will not be fun.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2016, 03:06:39 PM

just went outside a few minutes ago.  Opening the office doors was like opening a fucking oven. And the subway AC sucks, so the trip home will not be fun.

I learned a valuable tip from the radio: on the bloor-danforth line, which has individual subway cars, always choose either the first or last car - when the AC in individual cars conks out, they always put the cars with working AC in those places.

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2016, 01:20:13 PM
I hope you grow moss.  :mad:

;)

But seriously - it is around 40 C with humidex. That's just too damn hot.

QuoteHot weather moved in Tuesday bringing maximum temperatures of 30 to 33 degrees and humidex values in the mid to high thirties, as well as lows this morning of 19 to 22 degrees. Today will again see maximum temperatures in the low thirties. However, humidity levels will increase bringing humidex values to near 40.

Wow, the "Feels like" temperature here is only 38 degrees here, even with all the Florida humidity.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2016, 03:15:13 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2016, 03:06:39 PM

I learned a valuable tip from the radio: on the bloor-danforth line, which has individual subway cars, always choose either the first or last car - when the AC in individual cars conks out, they always put the cars with working AC in those places.
i go where the conductor or spotter (what are they called?) is usually the working car. But no luck yesterday.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

fromtia

I still live in Florida. It's awful. Right now it's the crotch of satan. At night I look at the price of Puget Sound real estate.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Malthus

Great.

Reading this thread, right now, we worse than the crotch of Satan.  :lol:

HVC

... Infected crotch of Saran?

Ed Anger

Florida makes my balls all sweaty.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Well I just got back from two hours walking around the neighborhood catching Pokemon with a five year old in 39 Commie degree heat. There was one other guy outside walking on the streets and he was also playing Pokemon GO.  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."