News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

We just had a week of rain, finally appears to have stopped Sunday afternoon. But I think more is on the way over the next week. I've planted some grass, did some over seeding, and got some potatoes planted this weekend, so the rain is fine with me. Also have had peas, broccoli and cauliflower planted for a couple of weeks, and those are just starting to come up. But not even half my garden is planted, but with a cool Spring I won't be getting everything planted for a couple of weeks yet.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on May 08, 2016, 05:36:26 PM
We just had a week of rain, finally appears to have stopped Sunday afternoon. But I think more is on the way over the next week. I've planted some grass, did some over seeding, and got some potatoes planted this weekend, so the rain is fine with me. Also have had peas, broccoli and cauliflower planted for a couple of weeks, and those are just starting to come up. But not even half my garden is planted, but with a cool Spring I won't be getting everything planted for a couple of weeks yet.

:cool:

Good to hear, KRonn.

Over here it's been a fairly dry winter and spring, no longer cool, almost summer temperatures here, it's midnight now and still 68F.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on May 08, 2016, 05:52:19 PM
Quote from: KRonn on May 08, 2016, 05:36:26 PM

:cool:

Good to hear, KRonn.

Over here it's been a fairly dry winter and spring, no longer cool, almost summer temperatures here, it's midnight now and still 68F.   :hmm:

Nice. You guys are getting nearly summer temps and we're still waiting for Spring to arrive. We did have a few days, off and on of warm weather, but mostly it's been a cool Spring so far as I said.

Agelastus

Current forecast - light showers.

Current weather - thunder, lightning and the heaviest hailstorm I can recall.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

KRonn

I want more rain. I'm planting grass, or over seeding, in some parts of my lawn and more rain would help so I don't have to water. But I'm doing small sections so I don't use that much water. Also have all my garden in now.  I water that with a drip irrigation system and it's very efficient in not using too much water.  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on May 23, 2016, 01:19:11 PM
I want more rain. I'm planting grass, or over seeding, in some parts of my lawn and more rain would help so I don't have to water. But I'm doing small sections so I don't use that much water. Also have all my garden in now.  I water that with a drip irrigation system and it's very efficient in not using too much water.  :)

Yeah we need more rain here too, been a rather dry year so far.  :bowler:

Liep

Since I've come home it's been like summer here. Actually, much better than summer, I can't remember another May like this. Is global warming finally coming here instead of just screwing with the 3rd world?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Rainiest May In France I can remember of. It has been raining all day in Paris.

mongers

Finally, a lovely, pleasantly warm afternoon.   :bowler:

Weekend looking good, gotta get out and about.

garbon

It got up to 14 here today...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2016, 05:50:19 PM
It got up to 14 here today...

Still in Wales I see.  :P

garbon

Actually while London went down the drain, I think Cardiff and Scotland had gorgeous weather this past week.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

We're suffering from a warmthwave, similar to a heatwave but instead of having to reach 28C for three continuous days it only has to be 25C. Also, there's been almost no clouds in the past week, humidity has been about 60% and there's been a refreshing breeze.

Best start to the summer ever. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 04, 2016, 04:05:55 AM
We're suffering from a warmthwave, similar to a heatwave but instead of having to reach 28C for three continuous days it only has to be 25C. Also, there's been almost no clouds in the past week, humidity has been about 60% and there's been a refreshing breeze.

[ :bowler: ]

So not ideal for cycling.

[ / :bowler: ]

Liep

Quote from: mongers on June 04, 2016, 05:28:16 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 04, 2016, 04:05:55 AM

[ :bowler: ]

So not ideal for cycling.

[ / :bowler: ]

Even though we're up to 27C today it still felt pretty ideal for my bike ride just now along the sea. :yes: