News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2016, 06:44:39 PM
Very nice weather here, now springs arrived; though we could do with some serious rain.  :bowler:
In the 50s F here (10 C) which seems nice today. A bit cool but nice. We lucked out and missed a big snowstorm last Sunday and Monday, only got a dusting. But predictions were for up to half a foot of snow or more, so many towns closed schools, including Boston.

Caliga

Gave the lawn its first haircut today.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2016, 05:28:27 PM
Gave the lawn its first haircut today.

I'm not close to giving the lawn its first mowing. Probably about mid April. Going to plant grass in a few bare spots, but I'll do more planting in late summer in areas where I have weeds, to try and crowd the weeds out beginning next spring. Most of the lawn is pretty weed free but I have spots in the back with the tough crab grass that's hard to kill, so the plan has been to crowd it out by planting grass each year. Weed killer doesn't really kill those kinds of weed grass, so this year I might try the stuff that kills everything but be very careful to get as little as possible on the good grass.

Caliga

As soon as the dandelions pop up, it's time to start mowing.  They showed up earlier this week.  Yesterday pretty much the entire 'hood was out mowing.

CountDeMoney

It hit over 70 degrees here this week.  In March. 

So fucking sick of this fucking place.  Fuck.

Caliga

It's hot today.  Had the AC on earlier, but it cooled down enough to open the windows.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2016, 10:56:39 AM

Where the hell are you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Baltimore, numbnuts.  Why, where the fuck are you?

Eddie Teach

Now see, if you'd listened to people telling you to go to North Dakota, you could be enjoying highs in the 50s.  :homestar:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Ah yes, North Dakota. Because Languish knows what it's talking about.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2016, 06:41:13 PM
Baltimore, numbnuts.  Why, where the fuck are you?

I though thought you might have moved.  I'm still in Missouri.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2016, 10:56:39 AM

55 and sunny.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

PDH

The weather dudes are calling for a possible 13 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.  Gotta love Spring.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Brazen

Just got caught in a massive hailstorm  :glare: