Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2016, 11:19:26 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2016, 09:12:23 PM
I have owls. So...no mouses.  :P
Yes, we have lots of dogs, cats, coyotes, owls, hawks, and vultures, so no rodent problems. :)

Your house must be pretty busy.  :D

Me, I have a cat.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Neighbors were not so lucky with the county plow this morning--

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HisMajestyBOB

Federal offices are closed tomorrow!
Metro is running all lines except Silver on a slightly slower schedule (so in other words, their normal schedule). 

Doesn't really affect me, since I'm not a Fed and was planning on teleworking anyway. Not planning on braving the barely-paved neighborhood streets filled with soccer moms driving vans with bald tires.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

That New York snow storm makes me want to play the first Max Payne again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Snow melted here already and I'm back in my spring jacket. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Some pretty spectacular snow here right now...never seen snow flakes as big as the size of potato chips.  :)

KRonn

Snow is mostly melted here too, after the six inches we got last weekend. And the temps are for above freezing for daytime temps. Some rain today but I don't yet see any snow in the short range forecast.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 29, 2016, 09:05:30 AM
Snow is mostly melted here too, after the six inches we got last weekend. And the temps are for above freezing for daytime temps. Some rain today but I don't yet see any snow in the short range forecast.

Hey, you're alive; the snow shovelling didn't kill you. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 29, 2016, 09:10:29 AM

I got a brand new snow blower last year before the winter.  It was a huge plus having it, a much larger and more powerful one as we went through a winter of record snowfall of over nine feet. That all came in about one month of February. (My old snow blower, which we bought used in the early 80s, finally had given out.)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 29, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
Quote from: mongers on January 29, 2016, 09:10:29 AM

I got a brand new snow blower last year before the winter.  It was a huge plus having it, a much larger and more powerful one as we went through a winter of record snowfall of over nine feet. That all came in about one month of February. (My old snow blower, which we bought used in the early 80s, finally had given out.)

Good to know, though sods law you'll probably not have another snowy winter for a couple of decades now.  :D

KRonn

Lol Mongers, I could wish that to be true! But it won't happen. As it is I'm a bit wary that we'll get slammed with snow in February, just like last year as both years were light on snow and cold temps through January. Then we got heavily  clobbered in February last year. 

lustindarkness

Scipio should be enjoying a nice breezy afternoon right about now. I will get it a bit later this evening. Tornadoes better not cut my power and internet! :mad: New Black Ops 3 maps came out today.   ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Wind was blowing so hard it knocked out power, not just in the block but the whole town AFAICT.

Temp up to 50.  I think I may have survived another Iowa winter.

mongers

Very nice weather here, now springs arrived; though we could do with some serious rain.  :bowler: