News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Heh. Biggest problem now is with all shaking seems to have opened crack as woke up to little mouse in house, traps set out and trying to figure out where it got in.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: garbon on January 24, 2016, 05:43:55 PM
Oh my mother freaked out for my sister but because it was so early instead texted me about it. :lol:
:D

mongers

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2016, 05:44:12 PM
Heh. Biggest problem now is with all shaking seems to have opened crack as woke up to little mouse in house, traps set out and trying to figure out where it got in.

No offence, but man you live in a crazy part of the world.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2016, 05:44:12 PM

I was surprised...I looked all over my condo for cracks, but didn't find any. 

If you want to be all CdM-like, I have a live-capture trap somewhere from when I had my mouse out in MD (he had come in from a pipe hole under the kitchen sink).   :sleep:

I've also done the trick of balancing a cardboard plank off the kitchen counter over a wastebasket with success.

Peanut butter as bait works like a charm. 

katmai

Fall of '14 had an incursion when replaced plumbing and was installing pipes for Washer & Dryer, all the traps had left over from that are old school snap their necks. Went to Home Depot as soon as realized there was one in house. Woke up to dog chasing it around kitchen.

Tonitrus

The trap I have is one of these...worked damn well, I apparently had a small family, and it got all three (not at the same time of course) in pretty quick succession.  :P

All three were gently released into a nice, remote part of Fort Meade*.  :sleep:

*Ironically, or not, that part of base was closest to the base veterinary clinic and firing range.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 24, 2016, 06:09:23 PM
All three were gently released into a nice, remote part of Fort Meade*.  :sleep:

*Ironically, or not, that part of base was closest to the base veterinary clinic and firing range.  :P

Hey, that's on them. You did your part.  Welfare to Work and shit.

Grey Fox

I have some mouses too. I have no idea where they are coming in.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

I have owls. So...no mouses.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Had snow on Saturday and below freezing last week, now we have rain and will have around 10°C this week, with a possible peak of 15 on Thursday.  :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

It's 13oC here. By the time Jonas hits the UK it will pick up tropical air and come in wet and warm. After it's hit the west of the country and shed the bulk of the rain and wind, by the  time it gets the London the forecast is "Breezy with periods of rain". The Met Office has issued a tedious weather warning :P

Liep

School children in Hong Kong have been told not to go to school because of extremely low temperatures. It's +8C...

Did mono take a cold day too or is he braving those insane degrees?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Though, it's apparently snowing in Okinawa and that does indeed sound weird. :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Quote from: Liep on January 25, 2016, 06:50:00 AM
School children in Hong Kong have been told not to go to school because of extremely low temperatures. It's +8C...

Did mono take a cold day too or is he braving those insane degrees?

It is the coldest period in HK in over 60 years.  Originally, the expected temperature is 3C for today.  We unexpectedly got some sunshine today.

Also, not sure if you are aware of this, but most schools in HK have no heating whatsoever.  Students are also expected to sit all day.  There is generally very little physical activity for young children. 

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2016, 09:12:23 PM
I have owls. So...no mouses.  :P
Yes, we have lots of dogs, cats, coyotes, owls, hawks, and vultures, so no rodent problems. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points