And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2016, 10:07:19 AM
The high today is only supposed to be 33. :mad:

That's a lot of heat you're pumping into that tub.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

The weather in London remains reliably immune to the excesses of extreme weather, as befits the cradle of civilisation. The coldest predicted overnight low this month is a mere -2oC and the wintry weather consists of showers of rain and snow towards the end of this week.

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2016, 10:18:00 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 10:16:38 AM
About time winter got here.
and how.  There's snow on the ground south to the Alabama state line. :mad:
We still havent had snow on the ground here.

mongers

Only in Blighty:

Rail operator Southeastern blames 'bright sunlight' for delays
12 January 2016

Rail passengers were told trains were delayed due to "strong sunlight"

Rail passengers were left angry after being told trains were delayed due to "strong sunlight".

Services were disrupted because of the angle of the sun in Lewisham, south-east London, train operator Southeastern said.

It apologised and tweeted: "We had severe congestion through Lewisham due to dispatching issues as a result of strong sunlight."

Passengers also took to Twitter - to share their disbelief at the excuse.

Paul Malyon described it as "the weakest excuse ever".

Rob List wrote: "I can't have heard properly because if I did, I believe my train's been delayed due to SUNLIGHT?!?"

Zuzanna Sojka tweeted: "Canon Street train delayed due to sunlight! @Se_Railway i admire your creativity!"

:bowler:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35293133
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

I remember something similar at home, it can be troublesome to observe signals in strong winter/spring sun. 

Here in Bologna it's also sunny and a nice 13 degrees.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Ugh, going home tomorrow and forecast says it'll be minus 5 when I land as if I was flying to fucking Norway. :angry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Getting cold here, we had some snow flurries and more rain/flurries coming in on Saturday. Still no major snow fall as yet. Getting a bit apprehensive now, as this is the same setup as last year's record snowfall. Last year it was also quiet, almost no snow through January, then the bottom dropped out, or I should say dropped on us, through the month of February and into early March with over nine feet of snow and constant super low temps, often well below zero, for that entire time. Getting oddly nostalgic now thinking about it...   :unsure:

Grey Fox

I wonder if the great lakes are going to freeze at all this year.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Map sucks.  No snow on the ground here anymore.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

78 in Miami. Forgot what it is like to be this warm. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2016, 02:56:24 PM
78 in Miami. Forgot what it is like to be this warm. :D

It'll be minus 17 tonight. :weep:

Liep

The police is desperately trying to get people in from the iced lakes in Copenhagen. It's futile, it's been too many years since they were last frozen so no one can wait till it's safe.

Another double digit frost coming tonight. :(

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 17, 2016, 07:45:34 AM
The police is desperately trying to get people in from the iced lakes in Copenhagen. It's futile, it's been too many years since they were last frozen so no one can wait till it's safe.

Another double digit frost coming tonight. :(

Sorry but we seem to suck out all of the heat from the water before it reaches you.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Was under a tornado watch this morning in Florida. Thankfully storms cleared leaving a gorgeous day free of humidity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points