News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Is this common in that area? :unsure:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Probably not that much, but all 3 cities shown in the blue region are at least 3000 feet up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2015, 10:38:21 AM
Is this common in that area? :unsure:

Most of the western area in the dark blue is a fairly substantial mountain range in central New Mexico, including some ski areas.  Then the eastern part is high plains desert.  Perhaps a bit unusual for that much in one go, but probably not unprecedented.

Josquius

Dominating the news in the uk this xmas is that cumbria and Yorkshire have been flooded to hell. :(
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on December 27, 2015, 01:40:59 PM
Dominating the news in the uk this xmas is that cumbria and Yorkshire have been flooded to hell. :(

Six are dead up in Pulaski county. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

We should get our first snow in eastern Massachusetts tonight/tomorrow. Just some wet snow turning to rain and shouldn't accumulate to anything. Maybe north of Boston and into the northern New England states will see a small accumulation.

mongers

Much of nature seems to think Spring has arrived, bushes sprouting new growth, grass still growing well, some birds preparing to build new nests.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2015, 10:25:14 AM
Much of nature seems to think Spring has arrived, bushes sprouting new growth, grass still growing well, some birds preparing to build new nests.  :hmm:

They claim here that we'll actually get frost in the daytime this coming week. It's like the days of yore.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

CNN says 43 dead in US last week from weather.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2015, 12:50:51 PM
CNN says 43 dead in US last week from weather.

Global Warming!!!!! Climate Change!!!!

In other news, its raining cats and dogs again.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Same.  It's like I moved to India and it's the monsoon. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Then you better slick back your hair and start DANCING!

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2015, 04:40:44 PM
Then you better slick back your hair and start DANCING!
I have started using pomade at least. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points