News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Had a thin film of frost on my windshield this morning.  And I live half way up a ski mountain.  Another bad snow year for the local mountains looks likely.

crazy canuck

Hurricane force winds came through yesterday.  Power is still out on the North Shore.  The silver lining is when I left the house this morning it was pitch black and a perfectly clear sky - had a nice look at the stars I don't normally get to see because of the ambient light that normally floods the neighbourhood.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2015, 08:23:28 AM
Hurricane force winds came through yesterday.  Power is still out on the North Shore.  The silver lining is when I left the house this morning it was pitch black and a perfectly clear sky - had a nice look at the stars I don't normally get to see because of the ambient light that normally floods the neighbourhood.

:cool:

I miss starry nights.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

20°C in Vienna today, with stormy winds.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

I think it might rain today.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Ugh. Winter mix expected Saturday. Fuck this shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2015, 10:06:31 AM

You should buy a winter home in Costa Rica.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2015, 10:06:31 AM
*checks*

We're getting the same system but it'll be 52 degrees.  So just rain.  :nelson:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2015, 08:17:18 PM
We're getting the same system but it'll be 52 degrees.  So just rain.  :nelson:

I don't know how you yankees tolerate such brutally frigid conditions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

:sleep:

On a vaguely related note I've had a long-running argument going with a co-worker about Texas chili.  She insists beans are ok, I am disagreeing.  Her family is from TX and she promised me the next time she was in Dallas, she'd order some at a restaurant and see.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2015, 11:03:19 AM
:sleep:

On a vaguely related note I've had a long-running argument going with a co-worker about Texas chili.  She insists beans are ok, I am disagreeing.  Her family is from TX and she promised me the next time she was in Dallas, she'd order some at a restaurant and see.

Well that is just appalling. No wonder we kicked her out of Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Beans are ok with me.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 19, 2015, 01:24:26 PM
Beans are ok with me.  :sleep:

Bringing your damn East Coast ways to Texas :weep:

Barrister

We get *maybe* a half inch of snow overnight, and suddenly the roads grind to a halt.  Even taking the bus / LRT I had an extra half hour added to my commute. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2015, 02:23:28 PM
We get *maybe* a half inch of snow overnight, and suddenly the roads grind to a halt.  Even taking the bus / LRT I had an extra half hour added to my commute. <_<

Good thing you have a Toyota 4x4! :yeah:

Oh... :nelson:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom