And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2015, 02:15:07 PM
Another day of 20 degrees again tomorrow. In November. :bleeding:

Anyone got an office job for me in Finland or the Yukon?

Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me...as in I don't see how that is at all something to complain about. Ugh, I have great weather where I don't need to pay up the butt for heating or a/c. Man!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2015, 02:18:58 PM

Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me...as in I don't see how that is at all something to complain about. Ugh, I have great weather where I don't need to pay up the butt for heating or a/c. Man!

It's the time of year when Glühwein and punch stands start to open. And it's not the same to drink hot alcoholic drinks when you're not feeling cold.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

http://yuwin.ca/

http://employment.gov.yk.ca/

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search_results.do?pcd=YT&wid=pv&sort=D

That should get you started at least. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

That graphic just reminds me I should have bought one of those London Underground t-shirts with the map. What a crappy tourists I am.  :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2015, 02:18:58 PM

I know you haven't been in Europe for long, but complaining about the weather is an all year event over here. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

50 degrees 50 minutes North, middle of November, 5am here and it's 58F outside, I have the window wide open and am sitting next to it; very unseasonal weather or just a different climate?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

8:20pm and -14c so go fuck yourself monger :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: katmai on November 15, 2015, 12:20:23 AM

:D

I'm honoured.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

It feels like we had a transition week or two of 30-ish degrees fahrenheit and then went right to sub zero.

Eddie Teach

Don't blame Mongers for your poor decisions.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

I already miss the first two weeks of November with its unseasonable warmth, they're now saying it'll snow this weekend.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on November 16, 2015, 07:03:24 AM
I already miss the first two weeks of November with its unseasonable warmth, they're now saying it'll snow this weekend.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Liep on November 16, 2015, 07:03:24 AM

I saw similar weather reports today that we may see some snow this weekend, though that may be more up in northern New England, not sure.

Syt

Yeah, we're supposed to have a 10 degree drop from 15 to 5 this weekend.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Had our first hard freeze this past Saturday morning.  I went to add some water to my hot tub only to discover the hose line was frozen. :blush:  Fortunately the outside faucet didn't get damaged and I was able to thaw the hose out just by throwing it into the hot tub. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points