News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Liep on November 06, 2015, 07:45:07 AM
It'll be 10 degrees Saturday and Sunday, but the night between them will be 15 degrees. Can't you do anything right, global warming?

Scratch that, it's already 15 degrees and extremely humid. :yuk: Winter can't come soon enough, this is unbearable.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

You Scandinavians are funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2015, 05:34:25 AM
You Scandinavians are funny.

There's nothing funny about 100% humidity, at least when it's cold you can comfortably turn on the heat and dry the air a bit inside.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2015, 05:57:03 AM
But 15C *is* cold.

?

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Eddie Teach

My AC is set to about 24 or 25.

Liep

All I know is I have every window open and I'm still sweating. Something I shouldn't have to endure in November.

garbon

What is wrong with you? It is 17 out and I still have my heat on. I would not want it to be 17 or less indoors.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

It's the humidity I think. It feels like a mediocre summer day, but more humid.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 07, 2015, 06:45:47 AM
What is wrong with you? It is 17 out and I still have my heat on. I would not want it to be 17 or less indoors.

WTF is wrong with you?  17C?  Put on a sweater!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

If I was outside, sure. I don't think I should have to be fully dressed when inside my home. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Weather was nice enough on Friday to get in 9 holes of golf.  :)

mongers

Something for you to consider if you're still in London come the summer:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Another day of 20 degrees again tomorrow. In November. :bleeding:

Anyone got an office job for me in Finland or the Yukon?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 09, 2015, 02:12:55 PM

Something for you to consider if you're still in London come the summer:

I was in London in summer / that is one of the many reasons that I avoid the central line. :P

That said, does make me miss being a daily Jubilee traveler. :(