News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Watering restrictions have been upgraded today.  No watering of lawns, no washing of cars etc.  We have had no significant rain since April and there was no snow pack on the local mountains this year.

Caliga

It's been raining almost nonstop here.  I believe it's rained at least a little bit every single day for the past three weeks.  The Ohio has busted its banks in a few places.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Really shitty weather here. Perpetually around 30. Too hot to do anything. My heat enduced weight loss seems to be wearing off too
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

It was drier here earlier in the summer, drier than a normal spring, but we've been getting some rain at least one day a week for the last month and some heavy rains though a bit brief. So even the lawns are doing well enough but I think we need more rain, some good soaking day or two rain storms.

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 21, 2015, 10:36:01 AM
Watering restrictions have been upgraded today.  No watering of lawns, no washing of cars etc.  We have had no significant rain since April and there was no snow pack on the local mountains this year.

Yeah, looking at the weather back home, and having what seems like a mostly 90-ish degree July?  Shit is unreal.

lustindarkness

We will have a cold snap tomorrow it seems, high of only 92.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

do you want some?  I'm technically on vacation since Friday, it's been 5 days continuous raining so far, often with thunderstorm.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on July 21, 2015, 11:24:36 PM
do you want some?  I'm technically on vacation since Friday, it's been 5 days continuous raining so far, often with thunderstorm.

This week is cooler than we have had in weeks.  Temperatures have dropped to around 22-25 C with some clouds in the morning.  No significant rain is forecast until sometime in the fall.  Definitely a case of be careful what you wish for.  Next time it rains heavily I will be smiling.

Syt

So last night in Vienna was the warmest ever recorded in Austria, bottoming out at 27°C in the city. My apartment has a balmy 29.5°C. It's cooling off today to 34°C daytime and 23°C nighttime, though, so all is well.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2015, 02:00:55 AM
So last night in Vienna was the warmest ever recorded in Austria, bottoming out at 27°C in the city. My apartment has a balmy 29.5°C. It's cooling off today to 34°C daytime and 23°C nighttime, though, so all is well.

:bleeding:

I'm loving the cold and bitter North right now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Cooled off here in the North East the last couple of days. In the 70s and 80s and low humidity. Beautiful weather.

crazy canuck

It rained a little this morning  :cool:

Caliga

Yeah, and it suddenly has gotten clear and dry here.  It's like there's some rain toggle switch between East and West. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

First day (work day at least) where it has been truly rainy and gloomy all day. Given that it took almost 5 months for me to get that, not bad! :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2015, 09:12:39 AM
Yeah, and it suddenly has gotten clear and dry here.  It's like there's some rain toggle switch between East and West. :hmm:
apparently, it is the warmest summer ever recorded, except for Quebec and part of the North-eastern USA.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.