Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

That's a great deal.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2015, 07:53:54 PM
That's a great deal.
Yeah, I was shocked.  This bar was about a mile from where we met up btw.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Oh, you did your binge drinking at a bar?  I thought you paid that price at the venue.  Not as impressed.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2015, 08:06:47 PM
Oh, you did your binge drinking at a bar?  I thought you paid that price at the venue.  Not as impressed.
It was a bar venue. :)

Liep

Call me a sceptic, but I really don't see how this March was much warmer than average, I'll concede that it's likely I've just grown old and thin skinned. April has been nice though.

Global warmth record for March 2015:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Beautiful day here! Warm, in the 70s but feels even warmer. I actually dressed down a bit, and shorts would work well enough today. After the frigid temps we had all of February and early March this feels great. I feel like I was a bit shocked at the cold temps we had this winter, and I don't really mind cold temps.

Malthus

Light snow this AM.  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2015, 08:48:19 AM
it hailed yesterday. The apocalypse is upon us.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Uh yeah.  We're well past snow season, but the past few nights it's been chilly enough that I've had to turn the heat back on.  Not acceptable. :mad:

Liep

Weather's been great here this week: about 15 degrees and lots of sun.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2015, 08:48:19 AM

God has decreed winter is not allowed to end while the Hockey playoffs are still going on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on April 18, 2015, 05:38:29 AM
Call me a sceptic, but I really don't see how this March was much warmer than average, I'll concede that it's likely I've just grown old and thin skinned. April has been nice though.

Global warmth record for March 2015:

The weather around here definitely felt much warmer than normal.  Objective evidence of that is normally in March we are skiing on the local mountains.  This year the local mountains had no snow on the ski runs.  So at least in this area the chart is accurate.

MadImmortalMan

I-80 is closed over the pass right now. It doesn't really look that bad though.

http://www.donner-lake.com/caltranstrafficcameras.asp

Still. Snow in May.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Twister touching down around OK City.