News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I like that the Telegraph blamed the inability of Londoners to see the eclipse on French smog. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 20, 2015, 07:44:46 AM
I like that the Telegraph blamed the inability of Londoners to see the eclipse on French smog. :)

Smog in Channel, Eclipse cut off.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

A little bit of snow tonight. I guess we need it, as it hasn't snowed since about last week.   ;)   But so far it's not even a dusting; might get to an inch or two so nothing to worry about. 

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Still no spring in sight. :cry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

It snowed about all day yesterday, but it didn't accumulate except for a slight dusting ins some grass areas. Mostly melted everywhere as it hit the ground, at least in my area. Snow melt continues at a rapid pace. I can see a lot of my lawn now, the ground is visible in a lot of places now as I drive around.

I didn't think the snow would melt so fast given how much it had piled up and how cold the temps were, but at this rate now it should be mostly gone in a couple of weeks. Huge snow piles and snow farms will take longer to melt down. Some ball fields and other areas used to dump the snow (snow farms) will take more time, and it'll be a while for kids to be able to use some of those fields.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 29, 2015, 06:24:18 AM
Still no spring in sight. :cry:

The mild South-westerlies have arrived here over the last couple of days, so temperatures hovering in the low 60s, bit damp and strongest winds, but everything is growing in the garden; can't wait for the trees to green over the next 3-6 weeks.  :bowler:

Sheilbh

British Summertime :w00t: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Sheilbh

No, thank God. Just got caught in torrential rain.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Spring 2015: snow and nightly frost. :yeah:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

It's fucking snowing right now. It was +15 Celsius a week ago. What the fuck?

Malthus

Snowing again today.  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

My yard is almost completely clear of snow, including my garden!   :yeah:  I was fixing my garden fence and started a little cleanup, but won't be planting until late April or early May, depending when the weather warms up and warms the soil. Then I can plant some early stuff like Potatoes which can take a bit of frost. Torrential rain early Saturday morning while I was sleeping and that washed out a lot of snow, for sure.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2015, 02:37:36 PM
Snowing again today.  :mad:

I think I need to talk J out of attending university in Ontario.