News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
Some areas have more than two feet of snow.  All kinds of all-time snowfall amount records have been shattered.

We call that a typical Sunday-Monday this year.  :D  We've had big storms on at least three weekends into Monday like that. Fun times! Though I did get to work from home for those. 

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on March 05, 2015, 01:56:33 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2015, 01:54:41 PM
I've had it with this planet.  We need to just explode all of our nuclear bombs at once and destroy it. :sleep:

Or you could move to Europe. Just avoid those areas prone to flooding.
Is it ok if I move to like southern Italy or Spain? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

I'd like to check back in with all you pussies when you're sweating your balls off and smelling like ass in August on the X consecutive day of the 100+ degree heatwave.

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
I'd like to check back in with all you pussies when you're sweating your balls off and smelling like ass in August on the X consecutive day of the 100+ degree heatwave.

Then I'll be looking back at this winter's freezing temps and cooling, refreshing snowfall with much nostalgia.   

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
You will never catch me bitching about that dude.  Pinkie promise.

mongers

Very nice spring day here.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on March 05, 2015, 03:11:14 PM

We had the warmest February in 60 years.  The way March is going this could easily be the warmest ever.

mongers

Damn that was lucky:

Skid off on Landing at La Guardia:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31754912

US snow: Plane skids off New York runway

A passenger airliner has skidded off the runway at LaGuardia airport in New York City, as a major winter storm bears down on a large part of the US.

Emergency officials helped 127 passengers and five crew off the plane just after 11:00 local time (16:00 GMT), but no one was seriously injured.

Snow and freezing rain has been falling from Texas to New England over the past several hours.

Admiral Yi

Warm front moving in. :punk:

Caliga

LaGuardia :bleeding:

Well, I finally made it home.  That was fun.  NOT

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2015, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 05, 2015, 03:11:14 PM

We had the warmest February in 60 years.  The way March is going this could easily be the warmest ever.

:cool:

derspiess

So we got just enough snow for sledding.  My nephew came over and I built a snow ramp for him & Tommy in the back yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOxhWW-Nk0

They were a little sore this morning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

And that should be that for cold weather.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 11:29:40 AM
And that should be that for cold weather.

Supposed to get much warmer temps here next week.   [yeah]  Doesn't appear to be any storms in the making anytime soon to hit us either. Now I want this snow to melt by May so I can plant my garden. I'm sure it will be mostly gone by the time I want to plant, and if it gets warm and the ground warms up I can plant my potato crop sometime in late April. My seed potatoes were ready for planting a month ago.

derspiess

So after some detective work I think one of our freezes last month ruptured our sewer line.  Oh, the joys of home ownership.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall