And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2015, 06:48:10 PM
SONOFABITCH AGAIN
They can't decide if it's going to snow or just rain down here on Wednesday night.  I'll be in Chicago so I don't care too much, though I guess if it snows I'll have to clean my damn car off at the airport. :glare:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

I think Mongers may be right about Spring finally being here, got the AC running full blast.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Low 70s today and tomorrow, freezing rain Wed night, Thu morning. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

It has been hovering around 0C for days now.  It is going to crawl up to regular 16C or so today before crashing back below 0.  Hopefully this will be the last freeze.  Too cold around here for Texans.

I can not recall it ever being this cold this late before.  Bizarre and it was not even that cold of a winter until now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 03, 2015, 10:27:16 AM
Low 70s today and tomorrow, freezing rain Wed night, Thu morning. <_<

Hey!  Us to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

KRonn

Rain and snow mix tonight and tomorrow, maybe into Thursday also. I think it'll be mostly rain as it's supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow, well above freezing. Between the luke warmish temps and rain I think we'll see a fair amount of snow melt. But with a couple more inches of snow we still may break the overall Boston record snowfall of 107+ inches.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 10:35:50 AM
It has been hovering around 0C for days now.  It is going to crawl up to regular 16C or so today before crashing back below 0.  Hopefully this will be the last freeze.  Too cold around here for Texans.

I can not recall it ever being this cold this late before.  Bizarre and it was not even that cold of a winter until now.
I want every one of you to do the following.

1.  Go to a used car lot and buy the most gas guzzling car you can afford.

2.  Do donuts in your work parking lot/driveway all day.

Together we can help increase global warming and end cold and snowy winters. :)

Valmy

Didn't you see the 'Day After Tommorow?'

Global warming will actually cover North America in a several yard thick ice sheet.  It is known.

Caliga

Well it's not like we can magically take all of the pollution out of the air somehow, so my course of action is the only one that's actually doable. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 10:51:00 AM

Global warming will actually cover North America in a several yard thick ice sheet.  It is known.

No, but I saw Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), Chairman of the Senate's Environment and Public Works Committee, bring a snowball to the Senate floor last week to debunk "all this hysteria about global warming."

http://youtu.be/3E0a_60PMR8

After all:  if there really is global warming, what's with all the snow?

Caliga

The guy's from Oklahoma so of course he's correct.  :)

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2015, 11:01:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 10:51:00 AM

No, but I saw Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), Chairman of the Senate's Environment and Public Works Committee, bring a snowball to the Senate floor last week to debunk "all this hysteria about global warming."

http://youtu.be/3E0a_60PMR8

It just shows it is all about branding in politics.  The name is all that resonates, not the actual issues involved.

But yes you want to keep Okies out of anything that requires thought.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2015, 11:01:27 AM

No shit.  KISS MY ASS AL GORE

Supposedly we're going to get 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow in my area, with as much as 10 inches in Northern Kentucky.  My prediction: temps will be a little higher than predicted and we'll get a lot of rain.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

SONOFABITCH MOTHERFUCKER CUNT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive