News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Talking weather smack to Canadians is like bragging to dyslexics at how much better you are at spelling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on February 27, 2015, 03:57:04 PM
Talking weather smack to Canadians is like bragging to dyslexics at how much better you are at spelling.

:(

Does it help if I say were I was on Wednesday afternoon? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

A wet carpet from 1971?

mongers

Eddie Teach

That is some ugly ass sand, there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 27, 2015, 04:17:15 PM
That is some ugly ass sand, there.

It's a high key photo, it's like the fucking dress.  :mad:

In real life the sand is blue.   :P

lustindarkness

What's wrong with your shoelaces?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

The dingy brown stuff under your feet looks like a flat spot in the Sahara, not the beach.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 27, 2015, 04:19:55 PM
What's wrong with your shoelaces?

Probably about 1,000 of off-road use, everything I use on my bike gets destroyed,  the laces had started to disintegrate the day before, generally I carry a spare one, but took the wrong bag out with me that day

Th boots are pretty good really, largely waterproof with a nice steel shank and can last upto a year.

Malthus

Well, it's official - February was the coldest month in Toronto in recorded history.

http://www.thestar.com/news/starweather/2015/03/it-s-official-february-was-toronto-s-coldest-month-ever.html

February 2015: By the Numbers

Record-breaking average overall temperature: -12.6 C

Average daily high: -8.3 C

Average daily low: -16.9 C

Warmest point: -1.4 C (Feb. 4)

Coldest point: -25.5 C (Feb. 15)

Days in a row below freezing: 37 (as of March 1)

Add to that the wind chill, which on Feb. 15 was down to -40 ...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Up to 40 today, snow melting like crazy.  Supposed to get up to 60 on Tuesday. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

This had better be the last snow storm of the season. My morale is broken. I'm both pinned and suppressed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Snowstorm tonight, 4 to 6 inches. Should stop by the morning commute time, but I just have a few miles commute. Another storm midweek, which may be rain and snow. Hoping these are the last of the snow, at least the storms that accumulate snow over a dusting. I think Boston will break the record of 106" in a season, and likely other areas of the state got more snow than that, maybe even where I am southwest of Boston.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Nice sunny days are forecast for the whole week.  Chilly mornings in the single digits warming up to double digits each afternoon.  Some nice afternoon walks along the sea wall are in my immediate future.