And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on February 19, 2015, 11:25:39 AM
I thought you lived in the desert.
Who me?  Hell no dude.  The US South is the wettest part of the country.  It's even wetter and more humid than most of the Pacific Northwest despite popular belief (Mobile, Alabama gets more rain annually than Seattle).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

I drain my pipes every evening.  Mornings if they're particularly backed up.

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2015, 11:29:41 AM
Who me?  Hell no dude.  The US South is the wettest part of the country.  It's even wetter and more humid than most of the Pacific Northwest despite popular belief (Mobile, Alabama gets more rain annually than Seattle).

I learned something today as well.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Those cotton fields need lots of water.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Liep on February 19, 2015, 11:33:10 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2015, 11:29:41 AM

I learned something today as well.

While true, that fact is also a little misleading.  The city of Seattle doesn't get much rain, but the local geographic extremes also play a part.  The local mountain areas around Seattle blow the South away in rainfall averages.

Washington:
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/pcpn/wa.gif

Kentucky:
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/pcpn/ky.gif

Seattle also, almost certainly, has more gray/drizzly days, while the South gets the torrential downpours.

Liep

Kentucky does look greener than I thought it would judging by Google image search. I must've been thinking of one of the dozen other middle-ish states over there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2015, 11:23:39 AM
Pipes are freezing at home now so I have to drain them before I leave for work. :mad:

:lol: You need to isolate that shit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

My kid's 4-day weekend (they had the day off Monday for Presidents Day and I guess last Friday also for good measure) turned into a 7-day weekend.  School for tomorrow may also be canceled due to the low temperature.  This is my fourth day in a row working from home.  It was pretty bearable until today, when the whole fan-damily is home.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

It's supposed to hit +5c here today. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2015, 12:03:02 PM
Pipes are freezing at home now so I have to drain them before I leave for work. :mad:

I know exactly what the problem is.  The asshole who built my house put in hot/cold water lines to my kitchen sink that are not to code, in that they are uninsulated and in an uninsulated and unheated drop right along the outside wall of the house.

I could fix the problem, but Princesca wants to move soon anyway, so why bother?  Let the new homeowner deal with it. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2015, 12:56:09 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2015, 12:03:02 PM

I know exactly what the problem is.  The asshole who built my house put in hot/cold water lines to my kitchen sink that are not to code, in that they are uninsulated and in an uninsulated and unheated drop right along the outside wall of the house.

I could fix the problem, but Princesca wants to move soon anyway, so why bother?  Let the new homeowner deal with it. :)

But...your trees!  Are you moving away or just upgrading the homestead?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

She wants to move to Shelbyville since it's much closer to Wild Turkey (and about equidistant from my office).  We're looking at building at this point.  I shall have my own vagina wall!

Admiral Yi

No longer Really.  Fucking.  Cold.  Just cold.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2015, 01:10:14 PM
No longer Really.  Fucking.  Cold.  Just cold.
Tonight is going to be so damn cold here that our lowest ever temperature record is in jeopardy. :(

Then over the weekend it's supposed to warm up and rain the whole time.

KRonn

We're getting very cold weather also and then rain/snow mix later in the weekend. That'll just be damn messy, rain on top of all the snow, with nowhere for the rain to go, as I think it's supposed to rain pretty heavy.