And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:02:05 PM
But you'd be right at home in Arizona, g.  What with being a gay black Republican and all.

Why would I want to live in a wannabe California? :huh:

They're better than California.  Looser gun laws.  Less environmental regulation.  Right up your gay black Republican alley.

Eddie Teach

I dunno, to me Arizona seems more like a hyped up little Texas than a wannabe California.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:05:42 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:02:05 PM
But you'd be right at home in Arizona, g.  What with being a gay black Republican and all.

Why would I want to live in a wannabe California? :huh:

They're better than California.  Looser gun laws.  Less environmental regulation.  Right up your gay black Republican alley.

Oh are you pulling that stunt that you pull on Yi where you just make up shit about a person? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 01:06:21 PM
I dunno, to me Arizona seems more like a hyped up little Texas than a wannabe California.  :hmm:

Maybe it is muscled up New Mexico?  Utah with 30% fewer Mormons?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 01:07:07 PM
Oh are you pulling that stunt that you pull on Yi where you just make up shit about a person? :(

No.  :mellow:  I never make shit up about Yi.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:08:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 01:07:07 PM

No.  :mellow:  I never make shit up about Yi.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Sorry garbo... you are who Money says you are, not who you actually are.  That's how it works. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

That'll be enough out of Human Resources today, thank you.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:28:46 PM
That'll be enough out of Human Resources today, thank you.

:lol: Well done.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 11:39:24 AM
Eastern Southern California - aka the Desert/Inland Empire aren't really that expensive (apart from a few towns like Indian Wells). I know that for a long time Temecula was a super cheap area.

That said, yes if you want to be buy the coast prepare to pay an arm and a leg and then some.

Yeah, Southern California away from the coast, inland, would seem to be cheap enough to live and still have the great climate. I need to visit there but I really doubt that I'll ever decide to move, but who knows when I retire what I may decide. I'd probably go somewhere south for better weather and a longer garden/growing season but I hate the humidity; it's bad enough here for me in the North East on humid days even though we don't get anything like in the South. But it's so nice when it's warm in summer and early autumn and then I really don't want to see the cooler weather come in. At that point I could live in that warm climate year round.

Caliga

If you go far enough south in Florida, the humidity may bug you less.  I didn't notice it all in Miami.  I think as long as it doesn't get too hot, the humidity isn't unbearable, and since Miami is in a tropical climate it's less likely to see like 100F weather.  In fact, I just checked and the record high temperature in Miami is exactly 100F, which was recorded in July of 1940.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Damn, some of you guys need to get off that continent and onto an island or two.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2015, 01:42:50 PM
If you go far enough south in Florida, the humidity may bug you less.  I didn't notice it all in Miami.  I think as long as it doesn't get too hot, the humidity isn't unbearable, and since Miami is in a tropical climate it's less likely to see like 100F weather.  In fact, I just checked and the record high temperature in Miami is exactly 100F, which was recorded in July of 1940.

But it's 90 rather consistently.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2015, 01:47:38 PM
Damn, some of you guys need to get off that continent and onto an island or two.  :bowler:

:yes:

Baffin Island. :wub:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on February 17, 2015, 02:00:43 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

:yes:

Baffin Island. :wub:

Sure, if you're into southern islands.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk