News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I know.  It's a shame... I LOVE coastal OC, Santa Barbara, etc.

I wish my ancestors had been more adventurous and moved out there in the 1920s like one of my great-great uncles did... dude became a real estate developer in Calabasas and did quite well for himself.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Excellent choice. If more people were like your friend more company would move out of SoCal real estate hell.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 17, 2015, 11:48:55 AM
Excellent choice. If more people were like your friend more company would move out of SoCal real estate hell.
ummmm, but the ironic thing is that the dude lives in downtown Seattle now.  So it's not like his cost of living wasn't already sky fucking high...

CountDeMoney

My grandparents used to live in Arroyo Grande outside San Luis Obispo, and my aunt and uncle live in Morro Bay now.  They're in a shoebox of a house, but they'd never live anywhere else.

I'd give it all up to live in San Luis Obispo in a heartbeat, but there are absolutely no jobs at all out there. 

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 11:52:17 AM
My grandparents used to live in Arroyo Grande outside San Luis Obispo, and my aunt and uncle live in Morro Bay now.  They're in a shoebox of a house, but they'd never live anywhere else.

I'd give it all up to live in San Luis Obispo in a heartbeat, but there are absolutely no jobs at all out there.
That's the other problem... the job market sucks.  My boss won't admit it, but I know he was trying to find another job before finally giving up and accepting a more or less forced transfer to Chicago.  There are tons of companies in our market niche out there, but just like you said, none of them are hiring.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 11:39:24 AM
Eastern Southern California - aka the Desert/Inland Empire aren't really that expensive (apart from a few towns like Indian Wells). I know that for a long time Temecula was a super cheap area.

Southeastern California might as well be Arizona.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 12:12:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 11:39:24 AM
Eastern Southern California - aka the Desert/Inland Empire aren't really that expensive (apart from a few towns like Indian Wells). I know that for a long time Temecula was a super cheap area.

Southeastern California might as well be Arizona.

Completely disagree. For one, you don't have to put up with Arizonans and it isn't really that far of a drive to the coast if you want to do day trips. You might be forgetting about how large California is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I thought we were talking about weather. San Diego's average high in July is 76. El Centro's average high is 107. Sure, it's a shorter drive than Mesa, but that's not much consolation.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2015, 09:50:44 AM
Seriously, I don't mind high temps until they hit about 100 F.  I can learn to tolerate 110F, I think, and if not there's always air conditioning. :)

From personal experience, 100F on the rim of the Grand Canyon felt far better than 85F and 90%+ humidity outside Vicksburg, Mississippi.  Or Maryland, for that matter.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 12:43:52 PM
I thought we were talking about weather. San Diego's average high in July is 76. El Centro's average high is 107. Sure, it's a shorter drive than Mesa, but that's not much consolation.

Cal said he didn't mind hot weather. Obviously less than ideal but that hardly makes it the same as living in Arizona. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Cal doesn't mind living among Republicans either.

CountDeMoney

But you'd be right at home in Arizona, g.  What with being a gay black Republican and all.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 01:01:41 PM

Then the Inland Empire is great. There are many there. :)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:02:05 PM
But you'd be right at home in Arizona, g.  What with being a gay black Republican and all.

Why would I want to live in a wannabe California? :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 01:01:41 PM

His wife finds their statist views distasteful though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."