And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 03, 2015, 02:58:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2015, 02:52:26 PM
OMG we had all of 1.5 inches of snow overnight, which lingered into today.  :)

We got at least a foot of snow yesterday and it looked like more as it was nearly as tall as my snow blower scoop of twenty inches. That's on top of the two to three feet that towns in the area got last week. So for me this new stuff makes it at least three feet and looks like more, or over a meter of snow.

That's proper snow.  :cool:

If that happens in this country its only ever in some bit of Highland Scotland or on the Pennines between Lancashire and Yorkshire, which is then reported by the media as if it were snow apocalypse with literally 'dozens' of motorists were trapped in their cars for several hours!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

You'd think by the way people are hunkering up against the northerly winds and wearing giant puffer coats that this was the Arctic, no folks it's central Southern England, it's been between 3-6C today and the winds only a 20 mph northerly, your face or extremities will not freeze off.

Over all a general English fail, man-up a 'verb' not likely to ever be used again in Southern England.  <_<

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on February 06, 2015, 06:08:22 PM
You'd think by the way people are hunkering up against the northerly winds and wearing giant puffer coats that this was the Arctic, no folks it's central Southern England, it's been between 3-6C today and the winds only a 20 mph northerly, your face or extremities will not freeze off.

Over all a general English fail, man-up a 'verb' not likely to ever be used again in Southern England.  <_<

I guess it really does depend on what you are used to - right now, Torontonians would be walking around in shorts if it was suddenly 6 C.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on February 06, 2015, 06:10:58 PM

I guess it really does depend on what you are used to - right now, Torontonians would be walking around in shorts if it was suddenly 6 C.  :lol:

I was actually out without a coat and hat cleaning some of the windows in the afternoon sunshine., though when I went around the north side of the house to do those and empty and clean the floor mops/buckets, it was a wee bit cold in the direct wind.  :bowler:

The Brain

No one gives a fuck about a 40 degree day.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

You'd think by the way people are hunkering up against the northerly winds and wearing giant puffer coats that this was the Arctic,

Nah, that scene happens everywhere with a winter season.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Sunny and high of 58 today. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Partly sunny and a balmy 4 degrees today, starting to get a bit windy though.

Still 2-3 months of winter left. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2015, 09:13:42 AM

No wonder some of your ancestors left Denmark for the balmy climes of Yorkshire.  :P

Liep

Quote from: mongers on February 07, 2015, 09:16:04 AM

No wonder some of your ancestors left Denmark for the balmy climes of Yorkshire.  :P

5C and drizzle seems very good when you've got 2C and drizzle. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2015, 09:18:38 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 07, 2015, 09:16:04 AM

5C and drizzle seems very good when you've got 2C and drizzle. :P

:D

Sheilbh

So cold I'm on the edge of a breakdown :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Snow flurries today, probably will get an inch or two, nothing much. It begins to intensify tomorrow through Monday and maybe Tuesday, each day bringing more snow up to a foot total over three or so days.

Liep

The Meteorological Institute of Denmark said that the rest of the winter will be mild and we'll get a warm and dry spring.

:w00t: :yeah: :w00t:

Now if only they could be trusted. :( :mad:

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 11, 2015, 09:02:37 AM
The Meteorological Institute of Denmark said that the rest of the winter will be mild and we'll get a warm and dry spring.

:w00t: :yeah: :w00t:

Now if only they could be trusted. :( :mad:

Hopefully the same for here, was a heady 8.8C earlier, good cycling weather too.  :)