Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Most of the snow from yesterday has already melted. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Well that melted in New York but now we are going to get slammed by a bigger storm. I heard one prediction for Boston area of up to 30 inches!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Oh wait. They are now saying the 30 inches could be here...:(

edit: though it looks like as per usual, each weather outlet says something different. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

So how's the NYC Blizzapalooza 2015 coming along? Even here the media is going crazy over it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

To be honest, I only know what the news says. -_- I haven't been outside since 1:30 and it is too dark to see anything out the window.  I see the news says that Central Park has already got 4 inches / the city effectively has a curfew in effect starting at 11.

garbon

So once again the National Weather Service has the populace wondering what exactly they get paid for. :hmm:

Liep

Some years back the weather service completely missed a huge storm and was wildly criticised, now they warn for everything with most turning out to just be a bit of wind.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

I'm looking at nasty sideways blowing snow, must be drifts of at probably three feet. Funny though due to the blowing snow my car has almost no snow on it. Expecting it to snow all day and into tonight, not sure when it's ending.  I may go out soon and do some cleanup since this is going to keep snowing for a long time. The snow at the end of the driveway pushed up by the plows clearing the street must be four feet high.

New York city didn't get the brunt of the storm; that's happening here in New England, especially eastern NE. I'm southwest of Boston which is part of the prime snowfall area. I get to try out my new snow blower for the first time today.

Work office building is closed today, working from home. I did a bunch of stuff this morning and probably won't log back in except to check if any problems.

crazy canuck

It was a nice spring like day yesterday.  After some morning showers it should be the same this afternoon. 

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 27, 2015, 12:23:13 PM
It was a nice spring like day yesterday.  After some morning showers it should be the same this afternoon. 

Ack. Spring in Vancouver looks pretty chilly!

CountDeMoney

Bah, we were only going to get a glancing blow at most, and even that didn't happen.

I wish I were on Nantucket right now.  Riding out this blizzard in the middle of the ocean with nothing more than some blankets, candles and a fifth of Yukon Jack has got to be a blast.  VISIBILITY: DRUNK AND SUICIDAL

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2015, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 27, 2015, 12:23:13 PM

Ack. Spring in Vancouver looks pretty chilly!

You are looking at today's temperature.  I would guess it is about 9 C right now.  Yesterday we got up to 14 C.  That is a very nice spring time temp, especially for January  ;)

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2015, 12:29:27 PM
Bah, we were only going to get a glancing blow at most, and even that didn't happen.

I wish I were on Nantucket right now.  Riding out this blizzard in the middle of the ocean with nothing more than some blankets, candles and a fifth of Yukon Jack has got to be a blast.  VISIBILITY: DRUNK AND SUICIDAL

Yep, you're missing out on some amazing storm scenery! Nantucket is being clobbered, hurricane force winds, storm tides, along with the snow. Though not likely near as much snow as just a few miles inland is getting.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 27, 2015, 12:32:19 PM
You are looking at today's temperature.  I would guess it is about 9 C right now.  Yesterday we got up to 14 C.  That is a very nice spring time temp, especially for January  ;)

It's 14 C right now. Brrrrrrrrr.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?