News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 08, 2015, 09:10:46 AM
We getting a DOUBLE STORM on Friday and Saturday, they named it Dagmar and it's going to be an absolute nuisance.

Well it's here, and it came out of nowhere. 5 minutes ago it was mild, sunny and calm. Now it's dark, grey, hailing and windy as hell.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

We're getting some strong winds from the storm, up to 100 kph. We're also supposed to have 15°C tomorrow due to it.  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2015, 07:10:11 AM
We're getting some strong winds from the storm, up to 100 kph. We're also supposed to have 15°C tomorrow due to it.  :huh:

We've had that, been more than 15C today, still about 14C, though the winds seemed to have gone through the Channel or through the north of England and Scotland.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

The wind is pretty loud around our office now (on 17th floor). Highly unusual. The Danube also looks very rough, probably more so than I've seen from this vantage point.

Still 105 minutes before going home.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

It's snowing cats and dogs.

Not really.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

The second part of the DOUBLE STORM is upon us, and 'Egon' is relentlessly washing vacation houses out into the sea and closing bridges left and right.

Here's hoping they cancel the trains so I can watch NFL.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Eddie Teach

Nice. It's cold here so we can declare global warming INVALID. :yeah:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Surprisingly it's damp and cloudy here.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

We have had a snowless winter so far.  Hopefully this trend continues. :cool:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2015, 07:39:29 AM

Another snowless winter here.  Havent had a good snow fall in years (more than 6 at least) and the local mountains are really suffering again this year.

Grey Fox

We have snow. It all melted over Xmas but now it's all back.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2015, 07:39:29 AM
So much for that. :mad:

garbon

I am not looking forward to this additional snow storm. :grr:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.