And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Careful Lusti, you might get frostbite.

lustindarkness

You know,  frostbite on the butt cheeks would suck, really  bad.

:D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Supposed to get down to -5F here but at almost midnight it's still hanging around 4F.  Pity, I was hoping to do the boiling water to snow trick for the kids again.  And of course my Facebook feed is blowing up with people posting the wind chill readings from their phones' weather apps.  Yeah.  It's winter-- and it gets cold.  Get over it.

For me, cold weather is just an excuse to build a nice warm fire in the fireplace.  I might sleep on the couch just so I can keep the fire going throughout the night :comfy:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

You can always tell how cold it is by where the cat sleeps. 

Mild: Foot of the bed, to the left and where's the goddamned king we used to sleep on, I can't stretch the fuck out anymore.
Chilly:  Left side of my torso, but not too close because I need my space, just keep my back warm, thanks.
Cold:  Between my legs, and I'll thank you not to move or get up to piss.
Fucking Cold:  Spends 3 minutes attempting to corkscrew herself into my armpit as deeply as possible.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2015, 12:06:42 AM

When it got REALLY cold in Laramie, Aphrodite would go subterranean and reason that "the covers are good enough for him, they are good enough for me" routine.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

My cat would just lie on top of the covers between my legs even though somehow I never consciously slept with my legs all spread out (must have been some kind of kitty mind control) or she just got under the covers right next to me with her head on the pillow just like a person.

Then my wife entered the scene and the cat was lucky if she let her sleep near my feet :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2015, 12:06:42 AM

Mild: Foot of the bed, to the left and where's the goddamned king we used to sleep on, I can't stretch the fuck out anymore.
Chilly:  Left side of my torso, but not too close because I need my space, just keep my back warm, thanks.
Cold:  Between my legs, and I'll thank you not to move or get up to piss.
Fucking Cold:  Spends 3 minutes attempting to corkscrew herself into my armpit as deeply as possible.

:wub:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

We getting a DOUBLE STORM on Friday and Saturday, they named it Dagmar and it's going to be an absolute nuisance.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

Still ridiculously mild but a bit wet.  9C now, will be 14C (57F) tomorrow.

Taffy feels the cold with his thyroid problem, so sitting on my lap isn't enough - he also wants to bury his head between my legs, and he's started to get under the bed covers with me on chilly nights. Not sure whether that's :wub: or :perv:

Don't tell Harley, but he's my favourite.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on January 08, 2015, 09:11:46 AM
Still ridiculously mild but a bit wet.  9C now, will be 14C (57F) tomorrow.

Taffy feels the cold with his thyroid problem, so sitting on my lap isn't enough - he also wants to bury his head between my legs, and he's started to get under the bed covers with me on chilly nights. Not sure whether that's :wub: or :perv:

Don't tell Harley, but he's my favourite.

The Welsh know a thing or two about a welcome in the valleys.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

It dipped to 10, so I broke out the 7 layer jacket this morning, and I prewarmed the truck, I normaly don't have to. I had to turn off the heater on the way to work but my legs were still a bit cold (only wearing jeans). Schools opening 2 hours late, so traffic was light, and I even slept an extra 15 minutes.

Otto, our old doggy sleeps under the covers with us.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

7? How does that work? Outer, filling, inner. Then what?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

I was issued the older version of this one it seems: http://www.beyondclothing.com/s7-highloft-jacket.html
The tag says "cold weather layering system, L7 JKT", when issued the paperwork called it 7 layer jacket. It feels cold to the touch, but after a few minutes of putting it on, it warms up awesome. I have worn this with the goretex parka on top in blizzard conditions and it works great. I will be going back to Antarctica soon and it is the one thing I will make sure I don't forget.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

KRonn

Today is the coldest day so far, this morning was zero or below where I am and not expected to get much warmer. With the wind it's well below zero F. Zero F is -18  C. Many schools closed, in Boston and many other towns. Not sure if that's really necessary; it just gets cold here in New England.