Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Another fucking Nor'easter. At least it'll be too warm for snow. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Looks like Bay Area is being pounded by rain - causing a lot of SF to be without power. :(

Oh and I was wrong, New York got snow yesterday - though thankfully it didn't stick and streets were warm enough for it to keep the melted snow from becoming ice. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

We're getting a crazy heatwave of +4 to +6 every day.  This is day three.  It's just not right so close to Christmas.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

We're getting some heavy snow flurries now in eastern Massachusetts. I don't expect it to amount to much or even to stick to the ground where I am but it's gotten pretty heavy over the last hour so not sure now what it'll do.

Liep

10 degrees and rain on Christmas Eve, now it's -2 and snowing. Wooo!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

-10. Too bloody cold.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

just before midnight on Christmas and frigging 38f/3c, which is about 10-15 degrees warmer than norm, talking about freezing rain over weekend. :bleeding:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

5C - cold, cloudy and damp =  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on December 26, 2014, 08:53:49 AM
So in other words, just like every other day of the year for you. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on December 26, 2014, 09:03:48 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 26, 2014, 08:53:49 AM
So in other words, just like every other day of the year for you. :)

Pretty much.  :D

Though the 5C is a bit rum.

Sheilbh

Annoyingly wet today. Christmas itself was lovely though :)
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

-25f/-32c this morning.  Good thing there was a nice breeze to make the windchill -50f.

Now it is up to -9f/-22c which is good enough for winter activities.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 26, 2014, 01:31:34 PM
Annoyingly wet today. Christmas itself was lovely though :)

Really, I thought you were only about 30 miles from me and here it's been a fine day.

Tonitrus

Quote from: PDH on December 31, 2014, 01:32:24 PM
-25f/-32c this morning.  Good thing there was a nice breeze to make the windchill -50f.

Now it is up to -9f/-22c which is good enough for winter activities.

I think it touched above 40 here in katmai-land.