News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on September 28, 2014, 08:00:30 AM
Has been in the low 80s today, England, late September.  un- :bowler:   :hmm:   :cool:

I was reading Byron's "Beppo" today, and it made me think of this thread:

I like the taxes, when they're not too many;
       I like a seacoal fire, when not too dear;
I like a beef-steak, too, as well as any;
       Have no objection to a pot of beer;
I like the weather,—when it is not rainy,
       That is, I like two months of every year.

:bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Quote from: Savonarola on September 28, 2014, 09:07:07 PM

:D

But it's somewhat out of date, the climate here has changed and the day to day weather sometimes has a different texture.

In another decade or two I'm expecting to see a local farmer have a go at growing sunflowers.

Maize is already a feature of the bottom end of this valley, which is a bit odd for England or at least in the density of fields it's being planted.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Might have our first snow this weekend.  :w00t:

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 05, 2014, 03:22:06 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 05, 2014, 03:15:10 PM
The US seems to have settled into a strange temperature pattern this year:

http://www.citylab.com/weather/2014/09/its-a-historic-year-for-american-temperature-extremes/379507/

Indeed. Air temperature usually doesn't conform to state lines.

We keep that light blue shit out Missouri.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Ughh, October starts dark, humid, cloudy, and a little rainy. And unseasonably warm.

I'm not a fan.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 01, 2014, 02:49:29 AM
Ughh, October starts dark, humid, cloudy, and a little rainy. And unseasonably warm.

I'm not a fan.

Just kicked in here at the weekend, temperatures down to normal, which don't actually bother me, though we're getting a fair bit of rain.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Very mild for the time of year here, temperatures in the high 60s today and only when down to 60f overnight.  un-  :bowler:

Grey Fox

Eastern Quebec is getting between 30 to 50 cm of snow tonight.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 01, 2014, 07:44:33 PM
Eastern Quebec is getting between 30 to 50 cm of snow tonight.

Yesterday saw the hottest ever October 31st in several places across England, touching 23-24C in places, certainly over 70f here.   :cool:

Today saw a return to more autumnal temperatures, but still above average and t-shirt and jeans weather.  :bowler:

Ed Anger

I froze my nuts off today
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

It's a chilly day for Florida; it's supposed to get down to 48 F / 9 C tonight. :o

It was a blustery day too; there were palm fronds all over on the roadways.  It's as close as we get to leaves coming down.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Yes indeed.  I am not a happy camper right now.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on November 01, 2014, 09:56:42 PM
Yes indeed.  I am not a happy camper right now.  :mad:

58F here at 3am.  :)

Caliga

It's warmer right now in Louisville than it was yesterday in Orlando. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points