News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 27, 2014, 06:27:04 PM
Doh!  Tornado warning that includes the little town right down the road from me (Helotes, TX).  Nice knowing you guys.

E:  Oh sweet,  the warning text my work sent out got weirdly cut off in the middle of a sentence.  Maybe a tornado mowed the place down and I have a few days off?

Did you survive? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

I'm in Berlin and it's been raining all day. Museums and beer day!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 27, 2014, 06:27:04 PM
Doh!  Tornado warning that includes the little town right down the road from me (Helotes, TX).  Nice knowing you guys.

E:  Oh sweet,  the warning text my work sent out got weirdly cut off in the middle of a sentence.  Maybe a tornado mowed the place down and I have a few days off?

Was there: a culling of Helotes?

E: Ok if that town actually gets flattened I am a monster.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Not bad last couple of days, warm and sunny. 

I'm attempting to avoid the mid-day sun, but Ive a lot to do in the garden this weekend;   mad-dogs and :bowler:

Caliga

I sprayed two gallons of Roundup this morning in a bona fide weedocaust. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I increase my carbon footprint by running my a/c.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on June 07, 2014, 08:45:21 PM
I sprayed two gallons of Roundup this morning in a bona fide weedocaust. :)

America the brave; Cal pays tribute to all those who took part in Operation Agent Orange.   :P

Sheilbh

Very British weather at the minute. I managed to get sunburned and drenched yesterday :bleeding:

Today's been wonderful though.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

We had 32°C in the city today. My apartment stayed at a pleasant 25°C.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 08, 2014, 12:25:07 PM
Very British weather at the minute. I managed to get sunburned and drenched yesterday :bleeding:

I don't understand how your people came to rule a worldwide empire in the days before sunscreen.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

What's even more baffling is that Empire was built by the Scots :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on June 08, 2014, 12:27:56 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 08, 2014, 12:25:07 PM

I don't understand how your people came to rule a worldwide empire in the days before sunscreen.

We never washed, hence a natural sunscreen.   :bowler:

Sheilbh

It's not the heat that I object to, but the humidity.

Good God let it rain :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Humidity is always problem.

It's the reason why that in the world of Ice & Snow, where it snows in the middle of April, I've started to use my AC in the middle of May.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.