And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I can offer you a ride to katmai's in a couple months.  :P

Razgovory

We keep getting tornadoes. :rolleyes:  True story, I ran a tornado off once, scared it away.  It wasn't so tough.  In fact there's film of me screaming and chasing it off with a rake.  I think it went and kill 3 people after that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Yesterday was graduation, today I woke up to 6 inches of snow and all the roads closed.  All of the families are now stranded here in Laramie.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2014, 11:09:36 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 10, 2014, 06:03:24 PM
May 10. 3:58 PM. It's snowing right now.  :lol:

:(  It was 85 degrees today.  I miss my winter.

Don't you guys get Spring and Fall anymore ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on May 11, 2014, 08:00:00 AM
Yesterday was graduation, today I woke up to 6 inches of snow and all the roads closed.  All of the families are now stranded here in Laramie.

College grads might as well get used to that. 

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2014, 09:47:37 AM
Quote from: PDH on May 11, 2014, 08:00:00 AM

College grads might as well get used to that.

It's a metaphor for their career prospects, isn't it?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on May 11, 2014, 09:48:54 AM
It's a metaphor for their career prospects, isn't it?

Yeah, but I don't see why they don't stay in school.  There's nothing out here.

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

In the Occident a yes response to a negative question generally means the fact is true.  E.g. Boner's yes means  we do in fact get summer  and fall.

In the Orient you agree with the speaker, not the fact, so yes would mean we do not get summer and fall.

Ed Anger

I don't need an interpreter.

Syt

Been raining most of today. Meh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2014, 02:38:03 PM
I don't need an interpreter.

Seems Mongers does though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr