News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

What was expected to be a "light mix" earlier today never stopped and has turned into 4-6" here.  Goddamn.

Ed Anger

It's supposed to be 67 here tomorrow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

No shit, they're calling for 60 here, with high winds.  But it's Winter Weather Advisory tonight.  :lol:

MadImmortalMan

Snowing pretty hard right now.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

KRonn

We're supposed to have warmer weather for the rest of the week here, after two days of heavy rain. Looking forward to the better weather. I planted a couple of Spring crops, peas and beets, and while they thrive in cooler weather it's best if the ground isn't wet all the time so the seeds don't rot. Hoping to get an early crop of those around the end of June or even earlier.   [smile]  First time trying planting those and so early so this will be something new.

mongers

Fine drizzle, on and off all day.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I fear there will be no more snow.   :(

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2014, 10:31:44 AM
I fear there will be no more snow.   :(

Is that from a reliable informer?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Happy days are back! High 60s in the city today and Monday - 70s tomorrow. :w00t:

I'd forgotten what my street looks like in the morning. Though there will be hordes milling around this afternoon, very few souls about even at 10am. Still too early for brunch. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

First tornado warning of the year!

mongers

Rather nice, stable and sunny weather in Blighty at the moment.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2014, 06:41:23 PM
Rather nice, stable and sunny weather in Blighty at the moment.  :bowler:
It's wonderful :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Was quite a gorgeous day today, almost 80 degrees.  Calling for 48 on Wednesday.  :D

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2014, 06:52:14 PM
Was quite a gorgeous day today, almost 80 degrees.  Calling for 48 on Wednesday.  :D

Yeah I can't wait for the plunge downwards. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi