News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

We expecting storms tonight, wind/thunderstorms.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Someone told me we're going to get hit again later today.  :wacko:

Liep

Spring is in the air! :w00t: :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

It has been snowing here for the last few days.  Typical of the last number of years, the ski season has shifted so that there is very little snow in the traditional ski season and now that it is coming to an end the mountains are getting their biggest snow falls.  The problem is spring is just around the corner so the window for good skiing has been significantly reduced.  I can't help but think that climate change will drive out a lot of operators and we will be back to the good old days of simply hiking up to ski down.

Ed Anger

Sweet Jesus, another storm.

Fuck this shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2014, 05:53:10 PM

Fuck this shit.
If you really hate it that much, why are you sticking around Dayton?  Can't you easily go to one of your other strongholds?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 28, 2014, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2014, 05:53:10 PM

Fuck this shit.
If you really hate it that much, why are you sticking around Dayton?  Can't you easily go to one of your other strongholds?

I've told you people why I stick around. I'm not repeating myself.

Razgovory

Big fucking storm coming.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe National Weather Service is forecasting 8-10 inches of snow on top of a layer of ice across Central Maryland by Monday night, with sleet and freezing rain expected Sunday night, turning to heavy snow into Monday.
"Confidence has increased that this will be an event that will have significant impact," said Carl Barnes, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Sterling, Va.

Thanks, Carl.

QuoteA winter storm watch was in effect for all of central, western and southern Maryland and the upper Eastern Shore from late Sunday night through Monday evening. Winter storm warnings and winter weather advisories meanwhile stretched from Montana through the Heartland and Midwest and to the mid-Atlantic.

Weather service forecasters expect a glaze of ice up to 0.05 inches thick before the snow, with about an 80 percent chance of 4 or more inches of snow, and a nearly 60 percent chance of 8 inches or more. Those chances were raised from predictions made earlier Saturday, as forecasting models suggest the air in place over the region will be colder than previously expected.

Nice.  A soft, powdery outside, with a crunchy, icy center.

Ed Anger

Tonitrus

Going to interfere with my bar trivia night.  :mad:

Valmy

Holy shit below freezing in Texas in March?  There is freaking ice on my car.  I am sure this sort of thing happened back in the 80s when I was a kid but man is it ever bizarre.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Not a single flake has fallen, and everything from schools to the Federal government are closed for tomorrow.

Yay!  Snow day!

Sheilbh

17 degrees and sun. It's actually quite nice out :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

this winter is never going to end. ever.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.