News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Got a little thunder/hail storm falling on the 10 inches of wet, heavy snow.

Maximus

The forecast for Monday calls for "ice pellets". First time I've seen that.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2014, 10:20:39 AM
Meanwhile Canada & Alaska have no snow.
Snowing here and about 6f/whatever c you weridos go by.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2014, 06:19:31 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2014, 10:20:39 AM
Meanwhile Canada & Alaska have no snow.
Snowing here and about 6f/whatever c you weridos go by.

I spoke too fast, 15cm overnight from the Storm that hit the US earlier this week.

This is insane, we get snow from a south to north moving storm.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on February 13, 2014, 04:29:19 PM
The forecast for Monday calls for "ice pellets". First time I've seen that.

Those are from very cold rabbits.  It's true.

Admiral Yi

We just got another 4-6 inches this morning, on top of maybe an inch or two yesterday.

I would guess there's going to be some serious flooding when all this shit melts.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2014, 11:38:10 AM
We just got another 4-6 inches this morning, on top of maybe an inch or two yesterday.

I would guess there's going to be some serious flooding when all this shit melts.

We're getting your snow from yesterday today. Hopefully, we'll get the 4"-6" too, but I doubt it.

Though, admittedly, the flooding thing is really a worry around here. It's swampy at the best of times. I'm fairly certain that our basement - and everyone else's in the neighborhood - is going to be a paddle-pool by the time April or May hits. That's going to suck....
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PJL

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2014, 11:38:10 AM

We're getting your weather a week later, except it does go straight to serious flooding. It's all your fault... :P

crazy canuck

The weather is finally as it should be.  Mild here in the City.  Lots of snow falling on the local mountains.  The nice thing is that the last three storms have all passed through during night and the days have been sunny.  Great for skiiing.  If I could ski this year I woudnt be sitting around my office posting this. :P

Sheilbh

Another storm hitting. It sounds worse than the last couple.

My Mum sent a text saying there's been a powercut where they are so they're sat surrounded by tea lights. Luckily they're quite far away from the river (Piddle) and not near any trees.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Another six inches or so today. :mellow:

PDH

I rained in Laramie today...in February...in Wyoming...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maximus

Quote from: PDH on February 15, 2014, 05:31:22 PM
I rained in Laramie today...in February...in Wyoming...
*reigned

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

What's hurricane-force wind? 60mph? I think it's approaching that right now. The house is making lots of strange noises. The cat is a bit jumpy.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers