News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

:(

Is the wind still really bad? I saw there were 100 mph gusts in some parts of the North-West :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 12, 2014, 02:01:33 PM
:(

Is the wind still really bad? I saw there were 100 mph gusts in some parts of the North-West :huh:

It is pretty bad where I am but we are in a sheltered spot...........must be terrible on the coast and the fells.

Should be all over in a few hours it seems, unlike the slow drowning of parts of the South  :(

Caliga

All of our satellite offices in North and South Carolina are closed. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 12, 2014, 02:15:57 PM
It is pretty bad where I am but we are in a sheltered spot...........must be terrible on the coast and the fells.

Should be all over in a few hours it seems, unlike the slow drowning of parts of the South  :(
Two football games have been cancelled up there now - the Everton one because of flying roof tiles :blink:

And National Rail have grim tweets like this:
QuoteNo trains can run to / from Selby because of poor weather. No alternative transport is available

Apparently Crewe is partially reopened though.

Edit: Also I love that the Dorset Echo have had this image of the face wave as the main photo on their website for about 2 weeks now :lol:

Edit: Hurricane force winds :blink:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/12/uk-storms-hurricaine-force-winds-floods-crisis
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

It's got to be more than 12 inches of accumulation out there.  Looks like the flakes are getting heavier, so maybe it's warming up.

Tonitrus

We probably got about 10" here...but it's already warm enough that it's starting to melt (water dripping down from the roof snow).

Ed Anger

It's supposed to be above freezing today. Yay. Half the roads are still ice covered death rinks.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

It should continue to warm up well into the 50s by late next week.  I'm going to sort of miss the solid frozen glacier covering the front yard.  Kids really like sliding around on it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Meanwhile Canada & Alaska have no snow.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2014, 10:20:39 AM
Meanwhile Canada & Alaska have no snow.

Speak for yourself.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

I was amazed to see that parts of Alabama, Georgia and N. Carolina got nearly a foot of snow!   Now there's something you don't see everyday...   :hmm:

lustindarkness

We got a couple of inches of wet snow. I had work late at 11 am, no problems coming in.
Some areas of the northeast corner of the state in the foothills got almost a foot I understand. We'll get the accumulated totals in the next few days.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Went out and did the whole shovel and snowblower thing with Dad. 
We utilize a buddy system with heavy snowfalls like this:  the one that isn't the first to have the coronary and make permanent snow angels face-down goes and gets Mom.

lustindarkness

Well, you are posting so I guess there was no coronary induced snow angles, that is good.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom