News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2014, 08:10:33 PM
37 hours without power is bullshit.  Fuck this 19th century Klondike frontier Jack London nonsense.

If only that was something we'd left in the 19th century.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

I grew up on the frontier, and I don't recall ever being without power for more than a couple hours.

PJL

Sheilbh

:blush:

I looked through those thinking 'oooh that's a nice house' (except for the new build, the new build was awful) :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Big front coming in from the south, the kind that always wallops us:  4 to 6+ inches forecast for Wednesday evening after 7pm, followed by an additional 4 to 6+ inches Thursday during the day.

Oh, hells yeah.  Shut down this fucking state.

CountDeMoney

Lulz.

QuoteWinter Storm Warning in effect from 8 pm Wednesday to 8 pm EST Thursday.

The National Weather Service in Baltimore Md/washington has issued a Winter Storm Warning for snow, which is in effect from 8 pm Wednesday to 8 pm EST Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.

Precipitation type: Heavy snow.

Accumulations: 6 to 10 inches, with up to 12 inches at elevations above 800 feet.

Timing: snow will overspread the area from the south between 8 pm and 10 pm Wednesday evening. Snow will be heavy at times Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Snow is expected to taper off late Thursday afternoon.

Caliga

Our long term forecast finally looks non-hellish for the first time since December.  Supposed to be in the 60s by the end of next week, which is where we'd be by now most years.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

AR will have a messy icy day today in ATL. We are just getting rain right now, possible snow this afternoon.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Weather dude on CNN predicted a catastrophic ice storm for Georgia and the Carolinas.  Said folks would be without power forever.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2014, 08:56:28 AM
Weather dude on CNN predicted a catastrophic ice storm for Georgia and the Carolinas.  Said folks would be without power forever.

Over 50K out of power in Georgia so far, and the freezing rain is just going to keep coming all day.  Looks like there's about an inch of ice outside my house.

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 12, 2014, 08:25:15 AM
AR will have a messy icy day today in ATL. We are just getting rain right now, possible snow this afternoon.

Our office shut down, so I am staying home. If I lose power it is going to suck. I won't be able to watch TV and surf the internet work from home.

Lusti, are you getting snow? For us the problem isn't so much snow but just the ice.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Rain and above freezing for now. ulmont is the other GA/ATL area poster? I could not remember who else is in the area.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 12, 2014, 09:42:39 AM
Rain and above freezing for now. ulmont is the other GA/ATL area poster? I could not remember who else is in the area.

Also Habbaku I think.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 12, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

End of Days is nearing....   :ph34r:

Richard Hakluyt

My wife is stranded in London  :mad:

The trains on the west coast line have been cancelled. Crewe station has had part of its roof blown off and is partially ablaze  :huh: