News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Blizzard warning for tomorrow! Finally we poor European will get some snow as well.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Sunny and 52 right now. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

19 degrees here.  Warmest it's been in 4 days.  I've been filling the bird feeders on a daily basis.

Capetan Mihali

Some snow shit over the weekend, but we missed the worst of it.  The temperatures however... :bleeding:

I swear, a simple 12-15 minute walk to work really feels like you're running the gauntlet when it's -3F with gusty winds.  :homestar: :weep:  Got my longjohns and ski mask at the ready.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

It was finally below freezing.  I went to the outdoor rink to go for a quick skate.

They were flooding the rink, however, and told me the rink was closed.  It had been too warm, and the concrete was showing at the edges.

Stupid warm January weather. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Less than 5 cm and the web news reads: "Winter Chaos!".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Liep on January 27, 2014, 10:06:41 AM

And here we thought you was Scandinavians.  :glare:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 27, 2014, 11:38:08 AM
Quote from: Liep on January 27, 2014, 10:06:41 AM

And here we thought you was Scandinavians.  :glare:

They're essentially Germans without clout.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

79 degrees and partly cloudy here.  The brutal Florida winter seems to have ended after an interminable week-and-a-half.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Man, the ass dropped out of it today;  it was 40 degrees this morning, by 3pm it was 15.  I think I felt one of my nuts roll down my pants leg.

Caliga

Cal is gonna have to choke the bitch who made him come to Chicago this week.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

We are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow today. Half my group decided to stay home.  :rolleyes:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

-10 this morning.  Cold and clear.  Of course school is in, people work (despite a few inches of snow the day before), and everything functions.  I do feel for the Bangladeshi students at the university in this weather, though.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Lol I just got an email that our Atlanta office is closing for the day due to the potential 1 to 2 inches of snow.

edit: Just got a phone call from my boss in Alabama, who sounded rather distressed.  "Ah'm fixin' to leave the office-- y'all okay up there??"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on January 28, 2014, 12:49:50 PM
Lol I just got an email that our Atlanta office is closing for the day due to the potential 1 to 2 inches of snow.

Laugh at us if you want, however, a couple of years ago we had a similar snow and the roads turned to ice for several days. Atlanta had no equipment to deal with it, so the city shut down. There are youtube videos of people ice skating down the main roads.

That said, I'm not leaving and am putting pictures of chickens in offices.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014