News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Shoveled your driveway? How plebian.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 22, 2014, 08:31:42 PM
Shoveled your driveway? How plebian.
Dude, I refuse to get a snow blower.  Most years I wouldn't need to use it once.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

And I just checked, up to 3 more inches tonight. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ed Anger

derspiess

Well, we shouldn't have too many bugs this summer :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: derspiess on January 24, 2014, 10:23:30 AM
Well, we shouldn't have too many bugs this summer :)

If we live to see it, that is, what with this negative degrees shit going on for weeks at a time... :thumbsdown:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Pipes froze again.  This time it's the hot water (last time it was the cold water).  I finally threw in the towel and got the ladder and went up into my attic (I've never been up there before. :blush: ) So it turns out I have exposed, un-insulated pipes running along the floor of the attic and mainly just loose insulation up there.  The pipes are PVC, which is good, I think, as opposed to copper.

Also, I do have a trickle of "hot" (it's actually frigid right now) water out of some of my upstairs hot faucets, so I guess that's a good thing. :hmm:

Caliga

Anyway, I think we should start dropping nuclear bombs on the North Pole or something.  Maybe if we destroy it we can destroy the cold. :)

Grey Fox

Time to buy insulation for your pipes.

or alternatively totally change the air flow of your house to heat your attic.

I'd go with pipes insulation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2014, 11:02:40 AM
Pipes froze again.  This time it's the hot water (last time it was the cold water).  I finally threw in the towel and got the ladder and went up into my attic (I've never been up there before. :blush: ) So it turns out I have exposed, un-insulated pipes running along the floor of the attic and mainly just loose insulation up there.  The pipes are PVC, which is good, I think, as opposed to copper.

Also, I do have a trickle of "hot" (it's actually frigid right now) water out of some of my upstairs hot faucets, so I guess that's a good thing. :hmm:

WTF?! There could have been bodies up there! Or treasure! Or a scared girl hiding from the nazi!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on January 22, 2014, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 22, 2014, 08:30:03 AM
In your giant driveway? How long did that take you?
Like an hour and a half. :Embarrass:

That's not too bad. Takes me 2h to clean around my house with snow blower when we get 5+inches.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

I envy you guys your weather - we have a return to above-freezing temperatures this weekend.

It just aint natural I tells ya - not in Edmonton in January. *shakes fist*
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.