News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on January 03, 2014, 07:46:30 AM
Still about 11C/52F here but stormy. Lots of severe flood warnings around the south-west and Wales, and tidal surges all round the coast, but just a bit wet and windy here in civilisation.
Yeah it's ridiculous. Every other day I comment that everything seems okay again before getting a call from my mum in Dorset about the latest storm hitting the South-West :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

14C and the sun is out, who needs a coat in January?

garbon

I woke up wide awake this morning at 5:40. I wasn't sure why but have only come to realize that it was because while most of the country is freezing, it is in the 50s here today. Building's heat is still up though like it is a cold day. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

It's 80 degrees and sunny here.  My wife is having survivor guilt about not being in Detroit to experience the foot of snow and sub-zero temperatures.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Only a few sunspots.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Right.

Time to start planning my annual Cuba get away
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

How much does your Cuba jaunt set you back Jo Jo?

Caliga

My pipes are frozen. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

KRonn

Friday we got about a foot of snow, very cold that day and Saturday, below zero F at times. Today it was about 50F and raining so most of the snow melted. Going to get very cold tomorrow as the cold wave crossing the country hits us. It may be colder than it was last week but probably not by too much.

Razgovory

This is a lousy week to not have a functioning furnace.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 09:20:15 PM
This is a lousy week to not have a functioning furnace.

My furnace gave out in April last year. I was lucky that the weather was starting to warm up. I could still use the furnace but kept it off when I wasn't home. Didn't want to run it for too long because some insulation had broken off the side wall so it might generate too much heat through the furnace parts and cause problems. It had last about twenty years or so.

Good luck getting yours replaced or fixed, hopefully soon.

Caliga

Haha, this morning Princesca let the dog out and within like a minute he was body slamming the back door desperately trying to get back inside. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points