And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 03, 2014, 10:23:26 AM
Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2014, 10:16:11 AM
This is getting absurd. First the ice storm, now this. Got woken up by a loud bang outside, wondering WTF?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/hearing-loud-bangs-in-southern-ontario-it-was-likely-an-ice-quake-1.1616236

Ice quakes? Never heard of 'em before.

It is so cold here, the ground is exploding?! That shit is not right.

That is crazy.

The weather in Toronto this past year must be a Biblical judgment on the city for electing Rob Ford.  :hmm:

First a flood, then an ice storm, and now ... ice quakes?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Soon the Wampa will show up.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2014, 10:47:26 AM
Soon the Wampa will show up.

You talking about Rob Ford again?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

4-8 inches inbound on Sunday.

This winter...it annoys me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I'm flying up to Chicago on Monday night.  Last I checked the high in Chicago on Tuesday was supposed to be -15F.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 03, 2014, 10:26:07 AM
Only problem is that it didn't fit quite right, since my "jewfro" is riding too high at the moment; the mouth opening kept sliding up over my nose and the eye openings kept closing up.  I need a haircut.

I double dog dare you to cut the top off your balaclava and let your jewfro jut out like Beaker from The Muppet Show.

Admiral Yi

Life threatening cold is forecast for Iowa through Tuesday.  The NE part of the state could see a windchill of -60; my part could get -20.

Caliga

It's actually rather warm out right now.... too warm. :shifty:

Admiral Yi

Put on the Yaktrax(tm) to schlepp to the gas station for smokes.

They worked like a charm on the snow and ice but it felt a little treacherous on bare pavement.

It's really fucking cold out there.

Ed Anger

Looks like the Wolfsschanze will miss most of the snow. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be hell though. Like Yi,  Yaktrax will be deployed.

Admiral Yi

How do you feel on bare pavement?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 05, 2014, 04:48:41 PM
How do you feel on bare pavement?

Uncomfortable. Almost slipped in my garage once while wearing them.

Admiral Yi

Good.  I felt kind of dorky searching out the icy spots.  :D

PDH

Not too bad here.  Maybe -3f with 25 mph winds.  Maybe next time Laramie can see -30f again.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

"She's comin' on boys, and she's comin' on strong..."